APCO Insight is a team of research professionals who work in collaboration with our communications colleagues worldwide. We work with many of the world’s leading companies, associations, nonprofits, and public-sector organizations on a diverse range of challenges. Our core research capabilities include: reputation management and corporate communications strategy, issues management and message testing, and thought leadership (public release) research. APCO provides stimulating experiences including lunch & learns and hands-on experience in the industry.
Now that we’ve got your attention…what does it take to become a part of the APCO Internship Program?
- Editing reports and other written communication
- Conducting basic data analysis
- Participating in the development of client proposals and deliverables
- Testing survey programming
- Editing and coding datasets (qualitative and quantitative)
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student, or graduated from an accredited university or college within the last year
- Attentive to detail, enthusiastic, and interested in the research process
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as basic experience handling and processing data
- Working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics (experience with statistical software, especially SPSS, STATA or R, is preferred but not required)
- Working knowledge of Excel formulas and data processing
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in research and familiarity with crosstabs are a plus
- Available to work 20 to 40 hours per week
*In order to build connection with colleagues, and encourage collaboration, it is expected that interns will adhere to a hybrid working model. This model entails going into office depending on team needs/expectations as needed throughout the duration of the internship*
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.