Marsh is a global leader in consulting, risk management, and insurance broking. In more than 130 countries, our 40,000 colleagues work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.
This position is an Associate role in our Analytics Solutions business. Analytics Solutions is one of the divisions of Marsh Advisory, a global business and differentiator for Marsh. Together with three other business units – Consulting Solutions, Claims Solutions, and Captive Solutions – Analytics Solutions provides strategic advice and innovative solutions to help clients with their complex risk issues.
The Marsh Analytics Associate Program is a two-year rotational program designed to provide you with the analytics and consulting toolkit you will need to accelerate your career at Marsh. As part of the program, you will be exposed to a variety of Analytics functions, including: Product Intelligence and Design, Project Execution and Delivery, Research and Data, and Analytics Sales and Distribution. Specific projects can include quantitative modeling of client risks, evaluating the effectiveness of client risk mitigation strategies, assisting in design of Marsh’s market-leading Blue[i] digital tools suite, deriving insights from Marsh claims data to improve model performance, helping to promote analytics as a differentiator to clients and prospects for Marsh to win more consulting and brokerage business, and other related functions. You will be part of challenging projects, get access to professional development opportunities, participate in client meetings, gain broad business exposure to the firm’s leadership and talented team, and more!
A TYPICAL DAY FOR AN ASSOCIATE COULD INCLUDE:
- Assisting in the development of new data-driven analytical tools for evaluating client risk.
- Performing quantitative modeling and statistical analyses in order to assess risk and determine the viability of various risk mitigation solutions.
- Providing research support to identify recommendations that minimize the cost and volatility of risk.
- Assisting in matching analytical services to the financial needs of clients to forecast risk, losses, and financial impact.
- Applying an understanding of risk mitigation products and risk assessment to evaluate possible loss outcomes through scenario testing.
- Collaborating with other team members in designing analytical models and processes to help internal and external clients quantify and mitigate risks.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Strong data management and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client and internal relationships
- Intellectual curiosity
- Excellent verbal/writing skills for complex communications with clients
- Demonstrated leadership or initiative at school, work and/or community
- Current Seniors graduating with a bachelor’s degree (expected graduation between December 2022 – May/June 2023)
- Majors preferred: Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Data Science, or a related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Locations: Chicago, with ability to travel domestically
At Marsh, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our colleagues with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact.
WHAT IS NEXT?
We will review applications on a rolling basis. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of a recorded video interview through the online Hirevue platform.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are
EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.