Analytics & Data Strategy consultants will work closely with Breakwater professionals to provide meaningful analysis and actionable insight to clients’ data challenges. Consultants will use a variety of technical tools and strategic consulting skillsets to design and build innovative solutions for clients across high-stakes industries such as financial services and healthcare. Consultants should expect to work with both the internal Breakwater team and client stakeholders (e.g., C-suite and senior executives, general counsel, external law firms, software designers, data scientists, forensic analysts, etc.) to design custom solutions to data-driven challenges. In addition to developing and refining technical and consulting skills, consultants receive formal and informal mentorship, are involved in strategic Breakwater initiatives, contribute to pro bono engagements, participate in team building and social events, take part in collaborative opportunities with Breakwater software and managed services, and have access to all members of the Breakwater team, locally and across offices and geographies.
Consultants work on a variety of data-driven engagements in a team environment with consulting practitioners across levels. Responsibilities include:
· Identifying relationships among disparate datasets,
· Building complex ETL processes,
· Designing and building technical workflows,
· Analyzing and interpreting transactional datasets,
· Performing thorough quality control measures to ensure accuracy,
· Reporting findings to project team members, and
· Assisting in the preparation of client-ready deliverables.
Skills + Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or a similar analytical discipline
· Analytics and problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail
· Critical thinking
· Commitment to quality
· Strong written / verbal communication skills and interpersonal awareness
· Ability to succeed in a team environment
· Enthusiasm for innovation and technology
· Willingness to travel (when safe to do so)
· Demonstration of leadership and initiative in academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
· Preferred technical skills: SQL, Python, VBA, C#, Tableau
Perks + Benefits
· Compensation – we offer market competitive salaries
· Generous Time Off – we provide competitive time off for you to enjoy life, rest, and recharge
· Health Benefits – we offer a variety of plan medical, dental, and vision options to best fit your needs
· Life + Disability Insurance – we provide plans to ensure you are supported in the most critical life events
· Perks + Programs – access to 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Financial Health Advocacy Services, Legal Insurance, employee discounts, and more!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Breakwater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which all people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.