View job on Handshake
Purpose and Impact
At Spencer Stuart, we discover and develop leadership for a better future. As leadership consultants, we understand that outstanding leaders drive business performance while also impacting long-term sustainability, equity, and inclusion.
Through our portfolio of services, we help our clients find solutions to address evolving leadership needs at a global scale. Our team members have expertise spanning senior-level executive search, board recruitment and effectiveness, CEO succession and development, top team acceleration, culture shaping, and post-merger talent integration.
We are known for working collaboratively and driving world-class execution to ensure that our work has enormous impact with the clients we serve. With unrivaled access to leading executives around the world, Spencer Stuart works across all industries with a wide range of clients, including multinational corporations, venture capital, private equity firms, and social sector organizations. Earning a seat at the table, we provide the insight organizations need to build and enhance high-performing boards and executive teams who make a real difference in their organizations and our society.
History and Key Facts
Spencer Stuart has more than 65 years of experience in leadership consulting and has earned a reputation for delivering real impact for our clients. Spencer Stuart operates as a privately held partnership and has become one of the largest global leadership consulting and executive search firms with:
- 70+ offices in over 30 countries with more than 50 practice specialties
- 2,400+ colleagues around the world from diverse professional and personal backgrounds
- Leading-edge capabilities that we continue to augment. In the past two years, we expanded our offerings in employee engagement assessment and HR talent/advisory services by adding our Kincentric and Cambria Consulting business units.
At Spencer Stuart, we have a long-standing commitment to diversity:
- In 2020, 62% of our U.S. Board Placements were women or POC
- Annually, our team places more than 1,000 under-represented candidates into key executive positions
- We have placed more than 3,000 women and under-represented executives into Board of Director positions.
- We pride ourselves on fostering a special internal culture, one where: relationships, excellence, a hunger for learning, global mindedness, and compassion are highly valued.
- Our brand, reputation, professional platform, and career trajectory are incredibly compelling for talented individuals who desire to grow and develop in a distinguished professional-services firm.
For more information on who we are and what we do, please visit www.spencerstuart.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Location: Atlanta, NYC, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Seattle preferred – however we are open to placement in our other offices.
Spencer Stuart is looking for Analysts to join an innovative cohort to support our senior consultants across their client portfolios, with a focus on Business Development. In this position, you will have a unique opportunity to learn about specific industry sectors such as healthcare, technology, industrials, or finance as well as functional areas such as CEOs, CFOs, Chief Product and Engineering Leaders, and other top executive roles. You will help drive our project management and relationship building efforts by working closely with a senior consultant who will not only be a mentor throughout your journey at Spencer Stuart but will also invest in your professional development.
Business Development Analysts at Spencer Stuart are responsible for supporting our executive search consultants by creating a point of view on leaders in industries like technology, finance, and healthcare. In their day-to-day work, Analysts will collect and examine competitive information, trends across sub-sectors, and other market research. As Analysts learn the fundamentals, we will help train them on portfolio management, business development, and other key skills that will serve them well at the firm or towards future career aspirations.
Over time, Analysts will develop deep industry expertise and sophisticated business acumen by researching successful organizations and impactful leaders, leading to a rich set of career paths and opportunities.
As we work to discover and develop leadership for a better future, we look for people with a broad range of skills who can work alongside the most influential organizations in the world. We will seek out recent graduates with one year of professional experience looking for a change in career path or those looking for a great role starting out of college or graduate school.
Those passionate about relationship building and curious about exploring professional services opportunities within the field of leadership consulting will thrive at Spencer Stuart. Successful candidates will be self-directed, collaborative, comfortable with ambiguity, and highly organized. In addition, they will demonstrate a passion and ability for performing critical research, communicating clearly and cogently, and piloting new tools and technologies to drive value for the business. They will be graceful under pressure, enjoy fast-paced environments, and be excellent multitaskers to partner directly with our consultants.
Specific experience should include:
- Recent university graduate or one year post-graduate experience – track record of strong academic performance is required; all majors are welcome to apply
- Well-roundedness demonstrated though leadership experience in internships, work experience, community service, athletics, or roles in student-led organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and proactive in nature: resourceful, team-oriented, and tenacious
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- In possession of work authorizations necessary for the country in which you are applying
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with other highly reputable professional services firms.
To see and hear more about our organization, its culture and values, as well as what it’s like to work at Spencer Stuart, please visit https://www.spencerstuart.com/who-we-are/careers-at-spencer-stuart
In order to be considered for this role you must complete an application on Spencer Stuart’s website. We will not be able to consider your candidacy unless an application is received.
Spencer Stuart is a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to non-discrimination without regard to actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age, marital status, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law.