The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) is seeking candidates for the position of Analyst Trainee within the Division of Procurement, Bureau of Equipment, Materials & Supplies. Analyst Trainees are assigned a 35 – hour work week. Current starting salary is $46,431 and after six months is $48,531. As a NJ State Department, NJDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health Care (medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision care), Pension, Deferred Compensation, 13 paid holidays, and Benefit Leave (12 vacation days, 15 sick days, and 3 administrative days).
Working in the New Jersey Department of Transportation, Division of Procurement, Bureau of Equipment, Materials & Supplies, develops criteria for new and existing contracts that add value to the Procurement process mandated by State of New Jersey laws.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Reviews assigned purchasing requests; learns to identify the information, tools and research methods required for completion of purchase orders.
• Learns all procurement computer systems to process Department requisitions in a timel y manner.
• Ability to assist the Supervisor and Manager with coordination of purchasing activities including meetings, bid openings and conference calls.
• Learns to conduct Agency RFP’s.
• Learns to interpret Treasury Circulars, Department Procurement Policies and Bureau of EMS Procedures and apply them to specific situations.
• Learns to review and evaluate contractor documents for authenticity to ensure compliance with State, Federal or other requirements.
• Learns to perform basic research into procurement history while studying methods of operation and contract compliance.
• Learns to assist in the review and evaluation of procurement practices and provides recommendations for changes and improvements.
• Learns to assist Buyers and Senior Buyers in performing research for procurements.
• Prepares clear, sound, accurate and informative procurement reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations for improvements.
• Maintains records and files.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) currently offers a telework pilot program, and this position may qualify for up to 2 days of remote work at your primary residence outside of your assigned DOT work location. This program does not supersede the “New Jersey First Act”, which requires newly hired NJDOT employees to establish, and then maintain, principal residence in the State of New Jersey. New hires will not be eligible for the telework pilot program until they successfully complete their 4 – month working test period.
Graduation from an accredited college or University with a Bachelor’s degree.
• Basic knowledge of mathematical procedures
• Sound computer knowledge including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong communication and customer service skills and abilities
• Ability to utilize various types of electronic information systems used by the Department including Windows based systems and Avaya telephone
Work Authorization: Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States according to the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations. NJDOT does not provide sponsorship or accept student OPT/CPT program, F1 or H1B work authorization visas.
Residency: All persons newly hired on or after September 1, 2011 have one year from the date of employment to establish, and then maintain principal residence in the State of New Jersey subject to the provisions of N.J.S.A. 52:14 – 7 (L.2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act.”
Submit a complete packet by the closing date that includes the following documents:
• NJ State Application for Employment (Application instructions can be found at link above)
• Letter of interest
• Current resume
• Copy of unofficial transcript OR foreign degree evaluation
IMPORTANTNOTES Proof of Degree: You must provide transcript or evaluation of your UNDERGRADUATE degree. Foreign Degree Evaluation: If you obtained your undergraduate degree outside of the US, you MUST provide a Foreign Degree Evaluation from a USA recognized evaluation service agency that includes a course – by – course evaluation in order to be deemed eligible. Failure to provide evaluation will result in your application being disqualified. Incomplete Packets: Applicants MAY NOT be considered if they fail to provide all requested documents upon initial submittal or fail to follow instructions when submitting electronically. Applicants will be selected for an interview on the basis of their application/resume. Current State employees: Any appointments made that involve movement may result in a forfeiture of rights to any promotional lists in their former unit. NJDOT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please email dot – firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case – by – case basis. New Jersey Is An Equal Opportunity Employer