Analyst, Technology Group (Cloud Computing)
San Francisco, CA,
Who we are:
This is a great opportunity to help inform business strategy and develop domain expertise – initially within the scope of Cloud Computing: Software has been changing the entire landscape of IT infrastructure — it has impacted all layers and is breaking all technical and business silos within the enterprise, one by one. Cloud is the result of bringing new software practices and delivery models to what used to be the traditional legacy IT.
Who you are:
As an Analyst (Cloud Computing), you will be responsible for researching, understanding, and communicating the impact of new technology in the Cloud industry. You will contribute to Orange Silicon Valley’s knowledge of cloud services, multi-cloud and edge application deployments and management, digital transformation through DevOps and GitOps, cost optimization with FinOps, use of AIOps and MLOps for operations, LowCode/NoCode practices to lower the barrier to the cloud, observability solutions to enable SRE practices, and the underlying infrastructure, edge, and data centers. You’ll work with senior thought leaders in the ecosystem to better understand and quantify the value of the new cloud and infrastructure landscape and help shape targeted strategies for Orange executives, Orange’s Cloud business unit and IT divisions, and stakeholders within Orange’s Fortune 2000 customers.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for identifying promising emerging technologies in Cloud Computing, engaging in thought leadership and strategic planning, as well as building meaningful relationships with the innovation ecosystems throughout the US. Some of these relationships will result in technology projects that illustrate the value of innovation in technology and business models. You will be responsible for sourcing, qualifying, and partnering with startups in Cloud Computing, and engaging stakeholders in peer-level, strategic dialogs on the future of cloud computing technology such as AI, multi-cloud and integrated cloud environments, security, open source and serverless functionality.
You’ll have the opportunity to work cross functionally with marketing and communications, technology analysts, business analysts, executive leadership, and disruptive innovators, to drive investment analysis, corporate partnerships, and streamlined adoption of newer and better technology and business applications for Orange and Orange’s top customers.
- Identify, stay current on, and present strategic and business analyses on the emergence of key technology and business trends, with a particular focus on Cloud Computing to start. This focus area may change as business needs evolve over time.
- Build and maintain relationships with local US innovation ecosystems, including startups, tech companies, investors, carriers, academics, and government laboratories
- Develop industry/technology position papers, startup one-pagers, blog posts & presentations on market trends and major initiatives for internal and external media
- Organize learning expeditions, events, conferences, and meet-ups where relevant, including external participation in panels and presentation of technical demonstrations.
- Identify high-value use cases and opportunities for Orange’s business units and its enterprise customers that will result in clearly defined executive-sponsored projects. For example, testing and evaluating innovative solutions by developing proof-of-concepts, prototypes, mockups and pilots as required
- You will build and maintain business relationships with innovative and disruptive entities, and share all relevant and vetted investment and acquisition opportunities with Orange’s corporate VC and M&A units
Your background and experience
You have professional industry experience gained from high tech, cloud computing, software development, data center or IT companies. An interest in external innovation and in identifying and promoting disruptive technologies from non-traditional sources such as entrepreneurs and academia. Ability to self-start and self-manage, working in a highly autonomous environment and reporting to a senior executive. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter who prioritizes time-to-market for new and disruptive technologies. They will possess the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ prior experience leading or implementing digital transformation as internal or external strategy consultant
- Minimum of 3 years’ prior experience in a full-time business strategy analyst, or similar professional corporate strategy consulting role
- Cursory knowledge of important evolving technology trends, such as: machine learning, digital transformation, edge computing, Internet of Things connectivity, and security.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, and adept at handling a varying workload and high volume of information
- Team player with enthusiasm to contribute exceptional work, learn, and grow
- Familiar with technologies such as Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure, Ci/CD
- GitOps, OpenStack, Open Compute Project, data centers, programming
- Must be physically located in California
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, pet insurance, identity protection, FSA, HSA
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- 401(k) with company matching
- Generous PTO and ten paid company holidays
- Wellness reimbursement
- Transit commute reimbursement
- Education / tuition reimbursement program
- Mature Oocyte Cryopreservation reimbursement program
- Team-building activities, and virtual experiences