Analyst, Strategy Consulting Practice
Are you passionate about making an impact on the education sector? Interested in working with companies, non-profits, institutions, and investors across the K-12, postsecondary, and corporate learning markets?
With an exclusive focus on the education sector, Tyton Partners works at the intersection of market and mission, helping a diverse group of organizations achieve their growth, strategy, and investment objectives. Selected recent client engagements include:
- Developing an organizational strategy for a national non-profit to increase access to postsecondary education for students of color, first-generation students, and poverty-affected students
- Building a go-to-market strategy for an innovative digital curriculum provider serving K-12 districts and postsecondary faculty and institutions
- Assisting a national foundation to understand the evolution of, and key gaps within, priority market segments to support the development of their grant-making strategies
- Partnering with a community college to design a purely online campus to expand reach and support local learners. The recommended model included financial, operational, and curricular considerations
- Developing an investment strategy for a national foundation to enhance the digital learning ecosystem and improve postsecondary outcomes for students of color, first-generation students, and poverty-affected students
- Conducting commercial diligence for financial and strategic investors acquiring K-12, postsecondary, and corporate training businesses
Tyton Partners offers a unique opportunity for early-career professionals seeking growth and impact through its:
- Dedicated focus on the global education sector, where our work and insights impact both organizational missions and the broader market
- Exposure to market-leading companies, investors, and non-profit organizations as well as high-potential emerging businesses
- Entrepreneurial, growth-oriented environment that will enable you to have a meaningful impact on firm culture, work on collaborative project teams, and benefit from a mentorship program that accelerates your learning and development
Analysts in Tyton Partners’ strategy consulting practice work as core members of case teams to support our clients in solving their most pressing growth challenges. As an Analyst, you will be actively involved in all phases of a consulting project, with a key focus on research and analysis. As part of a 3-4 person project team, you will support discrete research and analytical tasks with guidance from team members, to help project teams produce market-based insights and strategy recommendations.
In addition to client projects, Analysts also take an active role in supporting firm development through activities such as supporting operating processes, knowledge sharing and attendance at industry events. As an Analyst, you will have a mentor within the firm who will provide support and be a resource for your ongoing professional development.
The Analyst position is a foundational consulting role designed to build core skills that will allow for advancement at the firm. This is an ideal position for a self-starter seeking to begin a career in consulting and build industry-specific knowledge while working in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
An Analyst’s primary responsibilities include:
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analyses, including market research, competitor analysis, market sizing, financial analysis, and survey creation and analysis
- Synthesizing primary and secondary research and analysis and summarizing findings through PowerPoint and research briefs
- Presenting findings and recommendations to internal senior stakeholders
This position is based in Boston, MA.
Strong applicants will graduate with a bachelor’s degree in 2021 or 2022 and have:
- A high level of interest in the education sector
- An interest in being a creative problem-solver
- An ability to synthesize data to develop insights
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to take ownership of multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work with diverse teams and foster an inclusive environment
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
About Tyton Partners
Tyton Partners is the leading provider of strategy consulting and investment banking services to the global knowledge sector. With years of experience across the education sector, including evaluation of PreK–12, postsecondary, corporate training, and lifelong learning markets, our team leverages its expertise to offer a spectrum of services to our clients:
- Tyton Partners’ consulting practice delivers strategic planning, growth strategy development, portfolio assessment, go-to-market strategy, business partnership strategy and execution, strategic due diligence, and acquisition support
- With an exclusive focus on the most dynamic global sectors, Tyton Partners works at the intersection of market and mission, helping diverse types of organizations make the best decisions to catalyze their growth and investment objectives
- Consulting clients range from for-profit companies and investors operating across the education and workforce sectors, to operating non-profits and foundations