As part of the Strategic Sourcing team, the Sr. Business Analyst will provide planning, forecasting and analytical support for sourcing efforts which will allow Carnival Cruise Line to leverage our scale across ~$2 billion of direct and indirect goods and services.
This position will support all key spend areas, including but not limited to: Ports, Marine Technical, IT, Food & Beverage, Hotel, Indirect (Marketing, HR, Finance, Entertainment and Retail), Transportation, Logistics and Warehousing.
This Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for working with Strategic Sourcing leadership and key supply chain stakeholders to provide analytical support for initiatives with the goal of leveraging our global scale to achieve a competitive economic advantage while maintaining or improving quality and service levels. Positive relationship building with the ability to be influential without direct authority will be required.
This position will also perform analysis on Source to Pay processes with a focus on continuous operational improvements using a rigorous data driven approach to recommendation development.
- Work closely with the supply chain team to identify business opportunities, define / clarify a problem statement, and develop an analysis plan
- Synthesize large, complex data sets and conduct relevant analyses, including optimization through the development and use of Mixed Integer Linear Programs, Linear Regression Analysis, and development of Casual Loop Diagrams
- Identify insights, synthesize results, and prepare management presentations
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout the process
- Sample analyses include cost-benefit analyses, buy vs. lease, ship vs. buy-local, “what if” analysis, custom spend reports
- Coach other analysts in team on data analysis and optimization.
- Develop inventory forecasts utilizing advanced techniques, including continuous and discrete distribution and exponential smoothing.
FINANCIAL TRACKING AND REPORTING
- Work with Category leads and Finance teams to ensure savings are accurately measured and validated
- Oversees savings documentation to ensure it is maintained appropriately for audit
- Lead supply chain team in development of annual savings plan.
SUPPORT SOURCING EFFORTS
- Support Category Leads across multiple spend areas to successfully implement sourcing efforts.
- Support throughout the 7-step sourcing process, from data analysis, market research, RFP, to vendor negotiations
SYSTEM AND DATA MANAGEMENT
- Work with systems team to continuously improve supply chain systems (e.g., improved functionality and fixing of bugs/issues)
- Ensure procurement data is available, reliable, and comparable e.g., Item Taxonomy & Hierarchy; Item Descriptions; and Vendor names / codes, and categorization
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Industrial Engineering
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with a track record of driving results in business analysis, process improvement, or finance. Prior sourcing / supply chain experience preferred but not required.
- CPSM or CPM preferred but not required.
- Very proficient with spend management software Coupa and Ariba
- Very proficient with analytical software, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Very proficient with Oracle ERP
- Very proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint and creating action-oriented presentations.
- Detail oriented with strong advanced analytical and process improvement skills
- Proficient in querying / manipulation of large data sets
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and interact with all levels of the organization – can interface independently and effectively with peers in other departments / brands
- Demonstrated success in gathering data, conducting analyses, and generating high quality outputs
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.
Benefits as a member of Carnival’s Team:
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus
To view a copy of Carnival’s FMLA, EEO and EPPA posters please visit: (click or copy and paste link into your browser)