Title: Analyst, Sirius Academy – Data Analytics
Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
A position within the Sirius Academy program is a highly sought-after role from which to launch a career in IT services. It provides career growth and robust professional development, including: recognized industry certifications; dedicated classroom and e-learning training; on-the-job immersion; and real client project experience.
- This program offers proven success, with Academy graduates working in multiple areas of IT, such as Digital Infrastructure, Networking, Data and Analytics, Project Coordination, Security, Managed Security Services, Data Center Transformation, Cloud, DevOps, and Virtualization.
- Experience our state-of-the art data center facility with more than 40 different vendors and 150+ types of technology.
- Attain valuable certifications in the latest technologies, giving you a competitive career advantage.
- Gain meaningful insight into different areas of the business through rotational training.
- Sharpen your professional presence with clients through online and classroom learning.
- As an Analyst in the Academy program, you will spend your time in the Sirius Data Center in Elk Grove Village, IL, as well as in our Rosemont, IL site.
After successful completion of a paid 6 month training period in the Chicago, IL area estimated to start July 11, 2022, you will assume a Service Delivery role in Sirius’ Data Analytics practice. Relocation assistance to Chicago, IL is available.
After training, there may be an option for relocation within the Continental US. Relocation locations are determined during the interview process.
Overnight travel may also be required in the future and specific travel requirements are also discussed and determined during the interview process.
The primary purpose of this position is to participate in the Sirius Academy program, which prepares employees to begin careers in Consulting, Engineering, or Managed Services with Sirius. Employees will receive exposure to various business units and work on several teams, experience online and classroom learning, and develop soft skills to make them more impactful in front of clients. Additionally, employees will participate in shadowing and mentoring opportunities and hands-on technology training, all designed to help develop the necessary skills for an ultimate role as a member of our services organization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in a several month training curriculum at the Sirius offices in the Chicago area:
- Completing assigned rotations through various business units
- Self-development and certification courses
- Experience in a Sirius Data Center
- Practical exposure through on-the-job training which includes mentoring by a team of dedicated engineers and introduction to designing technology solutions for a client environment
- Learns and develops in all phases as a Sirius Services Team Member, to include:
- Systems design
- Systems assurance
- Project management
- Obtains satisfactory evaluations through progress reviews in order to advance in training program
- Develops a base level of technical and consulting knowledge, enabling performance of quality service for clients
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
· Demonstrated knowledge of one (1) or more of the following:
o Business Analysis
o Data Governance
o Modern Data & Analytics platforms
o Advanced Analytics
Other Position Requirements:
- Experience with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem solving and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
- Exposure to an Agile environment
- Knowledge of project management principles
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.