ALUMNI OPPORTUNITY-Latest graduation date December 2021
Ideal candidates must have extensive coding experience and an interest in finance.
Office is located in Arlington, Virginia – ten (10) minutes outside of Washington, D.C.
The Analyst, Quantitative Research reports to and supports our Co-Chief Investment Officers to enhance the investment process underlying the management of broadly diversified institutional portfolios. Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Design applications and write production-quality code to enhance investment analytics, facilitate portfolio management, and conduct data-intensive research initiatives.
• Collaborate with the Co-Chief Investment Officers in quantitative analysis of global investment strategies across all asset classes, including strategic and tactical asset allocation, manager selection, and risk management.
• Analyze U.S. and international market data to create and extend models for return forecasting, risk modeling, transaction cost modeling, portfolio construction, and simulation.
• Conduct other ad hoc investment research projects.
• Contribute to research communications efforts.
• Execute other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• Comply with all firm policies and procedures.
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, natural science, math or other quantitative discipline. Coursework in finance or accounting preferred.
• Zero to five years’ professional coding experience and ease with coding best practices.
• Zero to three years’ experience in quantitative finance in a multi-asset class role.
• Strong quantitative skills, including coursework in and facility with statistical analysis.
• Experience with C#, VB.Net required. VBA strongly preferred.
• Experience with SQL and building, organizing and analyzing very large data sets strongly preferred.
• Experience with Bloomberg and R preferred.
• Experience with Agile Development methodology preferred.
• Strong financial market interest.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to maintain extremely high attention to detail while managing multiple tasks and binding deadlines.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to both quantitative and non-quantitative audiences.
• Strong interpersonal skills, team orientation, proactive mindset, and professional demeanor.
• High integrity and values.
• Ability to remain in a sedentary position that primarily involves sitting/standing.
• Ability to communicate with others to exchange information.
• Ability to assess the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform. The employee may be required to perform additional functions. Strategic reserves the right to revise the job description at any time, with or without notice. Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essentials functions of the job, absent undue hardship.
We are committed to the full utilization of all human resources and to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against staff members or applicants for employment on any legally- recognized basis including, but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.