TriMet in Portland, Oregon is seeking an Analyst, Operations to join our agency.
An Analyst, Operations will produce accurate and timely analysis of operations data, including TriMet’s archived automatic vehicle location information. Under supervision of the Manager of Service Performance and Analysis: monitor, analyze, investigate, develop and design processes and procedures for operations efficiency and effectiveness, suggesting areas for improvement.
Assignments may include: Maintenance and Transportation. Monitor work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures and best practices.
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Perform related duties as required.
1. Perform data analysis using appropriate statistical techniques from Agency information systems using query and reporting tools, noting sources, patterns, trends, assumptions, and methodologies. Communicate results of analysis and make data-supported recommendations. Provide operational performance information and analysis, recommending appropriate indicators for measuring program performance. This includes all input and out data for computerized maintenance systems. Prepare periodic and ad hoc reports and presentations on operations performance, measures and standards. Ensure data is accurately presented in a useful manner for decision-making.
2. Establish, document and maintain system procedures, data retention schedules, coding structures, systems security, and automated event scheduling for all of the Operations disciplines.
3. Assure integrity of application data and procedures. Identify and track application problems and ensure timely resolution in coordination with the Information Technology department.
4. Provide support for TriMet’s maintenance operations, including administration of TriMet’s Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS), providing data analysis, business process documentation and recommendations based on data/process analysis.
5. Provide analytical support to other agency departments, including planning, scheduling, and field operations.
6. Analyze and produce reports using TriMet’s vehicle location and automatic passenger counter data.
7. Analyze and review collision and safety related data and other data as required.
8. Identify processes or opportunities for automation. Act as a liaison between Operations and Information Technology departments in helping gather user requirements and ensure the successful implementation of any tech projects.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Business or related field is preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years total credited experience.*
Two (2) years work experience conducting research, performing statistical data analysis, business system and process improvement analysis and presenting recommendations is required.
Or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
*The amount of credit a candidate receives for prior years of experience is based on the relevancy of that experience to the required or preferred prerequisites of the job description. Experience is prorated based on hours worked. LRHR assigns and validates the “credited experience”.
Type of Position / Grade / FLSA
Grade 13, Exempt, Non-Union, Full-Time
Selection Process – Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review (please include: Cover Letter and Resume)
2. Panel Interview
Make sure you describe in detail how your education, training and work experience fit with this role. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and/or letters of recommendation with your application. You are permitted five attachments of less than 5MB each.
Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans’ preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and attach supporting documentation at the time of application submission.
If you need accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process, contact our Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 7-1-1. Note that we require a minimum of two workdays’ notice prior to the need for accommodation.
TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities.
TriMet falls under the proposed vaccine mandate and while there is not a current mandate in place, any incoming employee must be willing to get vaccinated if/when the mandate becomes effective.
As applied to the workplace, applicants and employees must be qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential functions may include required job functions performed infrequently as well as production standards related to the quality and quantity of work.
If a person with a disability could meet job qualifications with a reasonable accommodation, TriMet will work with the employee to accommodate the need. If TriMet’s accommodation is effective in allowing the employee to perform the essential functions of the job, it need not be the employee’s preferred accommodation.