Alumni Opportunity in the Washington, DC area
1-3 years of post-undergraduate work experience.
Note: This role will require the employee to be in the office. Currently, Strategic will be on a hybrid work schedule. Our office is located in Arlington, Virginia accessible to transit and a ten (10) minute walk to Washington, DC.
The Operations Analyst is responsible for supporting the management of institutional investment portfolios. The Operations team at Strategic plays a critical role ensuring that transactions are accurately reflected in the internal systems, as well as with external third-party custodians. We seek an energetic individual with an accounting and/or finance background and a desire to learn the many facets of operational support in a collegial team environment.
- Record client daily and monthly transactions and cash activities into transaction system and review them against the values at the custodian(s).
- Identify, research, and resolve transactional discrepancies.
- Liaise between portfolio managers and custodians for all portfolio-specific activity and issues, ensuring communication of critical information.
- Assist in the coordination of client investment transitions and new investment and manager setup, including custodians, prime brokers and counterparties.
- Support the processing, booking, settling, and reconciliation of direct and manager trades, including derivatives.
- Aggregate, enter, and prepare capital calls for approval and execution.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Accounting, Finance, or other related discipline.
- 1-3 years of work experience in an investment operations or portfolio management support role.
- Working understanding of derivatives, including futures a plus.
- Experience with external financial custodians a plus.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Ability to learn and master various software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player and client-service oriented.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid organizational and time-management skills.