View job on Handshake
Description: The Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that all current and future loans are compliant with all stated insurance regulations for JLL Real Estate Capital, LLC (“JLL REC”) while maintaining the core ethical values of JLL REC. This individual will also be responsible for obtaining and reviewing insurance certificates and policies for compliance. The Analyst will work individually and with all levels of staff and must interact effectively with internal as well as external parties. The Analyst must demonstrate organization and an analytical orientation and possess the initiative to work in an independent and reliable manner.
- Ensure that insurance coverage is pro-actively evaluated and in place for all assigned loans.
- Conduct due diligence of loan documents to ensure proper loan setup and servicing of the loan as well as complete a thorough insurance review (certificates of insurance, appraisal, flood determinations, property condition reports, etc.).
- Perform duties and responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and JREC policies and procedures
- Communicate requests for insurance renewal information, invoices and/or paid receipts and policies with agents, borrowers, and management agents within specified timeframes for an assigned group of loans, with follow up requests until received
- Obtain and process insurance premium invoices in the Precision LM loan servicing system, communicating shortage requests to borrower as needed
- Analyze insurance renewal information to ensure that investor insurance requirement compliance is met, including complete policy review and collection
- Assure continual monitoring of insurance compliance for life of loan which includes insurance reviews for properties changing insurance mid-term and/or as part of an ownership or management transfer
- Monitor and update monthly Precision LM reports utilized by lenders and leadership to analyze portfolio risk with minimal oversight
- Process insurance waivers and exceptions with supporting documentation and approval from management for non-compliance insurance issues, as needed
- Other servicing duties as deemed necessary and assigned
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency
- Strong math, verbal, writing, and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to operate under demanding deadlines
- Ability to multitask and work on several transactions simultaneously
- Ability to recognize risk
- Willingness and ability to learn new technology
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to audit own work
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to travel as needed
Required Skills: Undergraduate degree preferred with a minimum of 1 year in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent work experience in insurance or commercial mortgage banking and/or servicing with ability to recognize and mitigate risk, detail oriented, ability to multi-task and manage deadlines, strong customer service skills (written and verbal).