What you’ll do…
Analyst II, Business Analysis & Insights, Seller Standards
The Walmart Marketplace is a curated community of respected, professional sellers who offer only top-quality, authentic products and best-in-class customer services.
The Analyst II, Business Analysis and Insights, eComm role is at the heart of the Marketplace Strategic Programs team. As a Business Analyst, you will be supporting the most critical strategic programs and initiatives that will drive the Walmart Marketplace business. You’ll partner with cross-functional leaders across Marketplace and broader Walmart to bring strategic program planning, impact analysis, forecasting, and annual planning. If you love diving into the numbers to drive a high-growth, dynamic business, this is the role for you!
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You love digging into the numbers to find new opportunities or patterns to explain the what and why behind performance.
- Analyzing and ensuring accuracy of information by creating, maintaining, and evaluating data; evaluating trends and reviewing results for accuracy while utilizing financial models, plans, and tools.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset- you like moving fast and are nimble enough to jump from one project to the next with ease
- You’re curious, always looking for new opportunities to up our game in Walmart Marketplace
- You’re customer and seller obsessed, recognizing there is an art and a science behind the numbers
- You thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environments
- You’re a great communicator, able to articulate your insights and findings to senior level leadership
- Collaborating with internal and external business partners to build a consistent and accurate strategy for using data-driven insights and providing expert advice and guidance on the application of best practices.
- Providing and supporting the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- You are creative and resilient – always looking for new ways to approach problems and drive business performance
- You enjoy the learning journey and like working with your manager and partners to continue to add skills to your toolbox
You’ll make an impact by:
- Program analysis: Aggregate, clean, analyze, and present data in a digestible way to answer business questions in real-time
- Developing unique insights: Uncover opportunities, shine light on blind spots, and ask the right questions to drive continuous improvement
- Communicating data efficiently: Breakdown complex problems into approachable and easily-digestible pieces, using data to explain the nuances of a story
- 3 years experience in data science, management consulting, finance or similar data-driven field.
- Expert user of Excel, strong experience with SQL
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, ThoughtSpot, Tableau)
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to construct simple and impactful message from complex analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics or related field OR years’ experience in data & analytics, management consulting, investment banking, or similar data-driven field
- Experience with SQL and other database, scripting, or business intelligence tools
- Experience developing analytical models using spreadsheet software, retrieving inputs from relevant sources
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(K) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or related field OR 2 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or
relevant area.Preferred Qualifications…
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data Analytics, Statistical Programming Language