View job on Handshake
Global Capital Markets Rotational Analyst Program 2022 – New York
About this Job
Global Banking and Markets provides a full range of credit, risk management and investment banking products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include investment banking, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, debt products, derivatives, foreign currencies and commodities. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by Scotiabank.
Position: Global Capital Markets Analyst
Location: New York, New York
Highlights: The Capital Markets analyst program at Scotiabank Global Banking and Markets is designed to introduce recent graduates to the stimulating and dynamic environment of wholesale sales & trading. Analysts may be placed directly on a desk or rotate through one or more of the following areas based on personal preference and business need:
Global Equity Sales & Trading Prime Services
Equity Derivatives Global Fixed Income
Debt Capital Markets Derivative Products Group
Credit Derivatives Commodities
Foreign Exchange Sales & Trading Equity Research
Analysts will have access to the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program – frequent interactive learning sessions led by our experienced professionals. Analysts will also have access to our Mentoring program and be teamed-up with a mentor who will serve as a guide for professional and personal development.
We are committed to offering you extensive opportunities for training, hands-on experience and career advancement. Simply put, your future is our investment.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide assistance to the Sales, Trading and Structuring and Equity Research staff in the execution of their day to day functions
- Assist in preparing client pitches and presentations, daily market commentary and providing timely client support
- Work on research projects as required
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree to be completed between May 2021-Aug 2022 in Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, or related discipline
- Available to start work on or before Aug 2022
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in the financial markets
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to overcome challenges presented by a constantly changing work environment
Application & Selection Process:
- Candidates are invited to submit a resume to our online application
- Successful candidates will be allocated placements on one of GCM desks based on business needs, candidate skills and interest. Placements will be allocated once all successful candidates are hired.
- We thank all candidates; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City