Organization: TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY
Primary Location: Texas-Austin
Work Locations: Texas Education Agency 1701 NORTH CONGRESS AVENUE Austin 78701
Job: Computer and Mathematical
Employee Status: Regular
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
State Job Code: 0652
Salary Admin Plan: B
Salary (Pay Basis): 4,301.16 – 5,670.58 (Monthly)
Number of Openings: 1
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2021, 9:07:00 AM
Closing Date: Ongoing
MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Analyst for Strategic Compensation will play a critical role in the implementation and continuous improvement of House Bill 3’s Teacher Incentive Allotment, which aims to provide a pathway for outstanding Texas teachers to earn six-figure salaries. This role will drive the future of the Teacher Incentive Allotment through updating and maintaining metrics and data visualizations that present data related to the Teacher Incentive Allotment and teacher recruitment and retention. This analyst updates reports, dashboards, and other data products, and revises, runs, and troubleshoots existing SAS programs. In this role, the person compiles and queries data to perform quality control procedures and visualization development. This analyst prepares concise, comprehensive technical reports to present and interpret data, identify alternatives, and make and justify recommendations on data revisions. The person in this role assists in defining, developing, and implementing data standards, and assists in developing data quality measures, analyzing data quality results, and implementing necessary changes to ensure data quality improvement. The analyst works under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Please note that a resume is a required attachment for applying to this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Additionally, please be sure to respond to the short answer prompts found in the supplemental questions. These responses should be added in a separate Word or PDF document in the attachments section of the application.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
Flexible work location within the state of Texas may be considered for qualified candidates.
- Build, update, and maintain existing and emerging dashboards, reports, and other data products developed in PowerBI and SAS required by the Strategic Compensation division
- Complete comprehensive quality assurance procedures for dashboards, reports, and other data products generated by the division of Strategic Compensation.
- Query, compile, and report data to respond to ad hoc requests from the public and policymakers.
- Establish and maintain data governance and storage procedures for data related to districts receiving Teacher Incentive Allotment funding.
- Design, develop, update, and test data products to support the Instructional Support department and other internal clients within TEA
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: At least two (2) years of experience in data analysis, research, compilation, and/or reporting work. Experience working with large data sets and educational systems are preferred.
- Share the belief that all Texas students can achieve at high levels and are able to succeed in college, career, or the military
- Knowledge of statistical procedures used in the analysis of data sets
- Skill with software & programming languages used for statistical analysis and database interaction, including SAS, SQL, and other applicable programming and statistical languages and packages
- Experience in developing engaging visualizations of data using PowerBI
- Experience with record keeping, including security procedures for handling, protecting and distribution of confidential data
- Ability to write and revise standards and procedures
- Create and maintain organized and accessible files and documentation
- Experience with designing, generating, and updating high-quality reports suitable for a range of audiences based on user requirements
- Ability to revise and troubleshoot computer systems and processes
- Experience with analyzing systems and procedures to identify areas for improvement
- Effective written and oral communication
- Ability to interpret standards, rules, and requirements in technical documentation
- Experience with Texas education data preferred
- A desire to self-reflect, give & receive feedback, and continuously improve
- Capable of engaging in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or veteran status, unless an applicant is entitled to the veteran’s preference.
This position requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which may include passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to being offered employment by the Agency.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we do not accept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.