DEPARTMENT: Financial Operations
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Financial Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Building upon our storied legacy, the New York Yankees look to attract the best possible talent not just on the field, but in the front office as well. It is our shared responsibility to maintain the first-class reputation associated with the franchise in all aspects of our business.
A primary goal of the Financial Operations department is to provide support through strategic analyses and facilitate informed decision-making by senior management and ownership. While known for baseball, Yankee Stadium operates year-round and has a long history of hosting other events, which is an important component in growing our business and attracting new fans.
- Work directly with the Executive Director and CFO to assist in the negotiation, execution, and settlement of major non-baseball events at Yankee Stadium (i.e., Pinstripe Bowl, concerts, etc.)
- Analyze the financial viability of major events, create event-specific revenue & expense budgets, and coordinate with departments across the organization to reconcile to actual results
- Serve as a key point person for and develop relationships with internal and external personnel to ensure the successful execution of all major events.
- Oversee all non-baseball event ticket manifests and develop models to optimize ticket pricing and sales patterns.
- Assist in reviewing legal contracts to confirm accurate description of deal terms.
- Manage financial aspects of NYCFC partnership, including evaluating the annual budget and assessing detailed expense information to ensure proper treatment.
- Determine postseason pricing compliant with internal directives and the Major League Baseball Postseason Manual and facilitate postseason game financial settlements.
- Oversee expense management system and review expense reports for compliance with the expense reporting policy.
- Prepare and evaluate analytics on various additional projects to benefit departments across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong academic background with a Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in financial analysis, consulting, investment banking, business development or strategic planning.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel with financial modeling experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing assignments and maintain confidential & sensitive information.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to work extended hours, including events on nights, weekends, and holidays.
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. The New York Yankees are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
The New York Yankees require a Covid-19 vaccination and booster as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law.