You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Enterprise Digital & Data Solutions (EDDS) team is a dynamic environment of digital product and analytics professionals whose mission is to power the world’s best customer experience and revenue growth through innovative data, digital and marketing products and solutions. We are seeking a high-performer to join our Digital Experimentation & Insights team, to help drive better business, product and customer experience outcomes using analytics, experimentation, and data.
In this role, the candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting analysis and reporting of the external quantitative data we receive from research partners and data providers. The insights provided will be used to create best-in-class acquisition, onboarding, and membership experience journeys.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, External Analytics.
- Support the creation of actionable, data-driven insights driving business growth, self-servicing habits and customer satisfaction
- Create and maintain industry benchmarking reports, dashboards and scorecards
- Perform day-to-day data collection and storage for external quantitative benchmarking data
- Assist with ongoing vendor reports and summarizing findings that are relevant to the EDDS stakeholders
- Interact with all levels of the organization across multiple time zones and teams including Product Management, Engineering, Design & Research, and other Analytics Professionals
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis using a variety of analytical tools
- Experience using Tableau and SQL required, Python is a plus
- Strong self-management skills – business-savvy, data-driven and action-oriented
- Structured thinker with a track record of breaking down complex challenges into smaller parts
- Experience in digital analytics using Adobe or Google Analytics preferred
- Experience in digital marketing or digital product organizations is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to tell a story driven by data
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (specifically advanced Excel)
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or related analytical fields preferred
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) and, for medically eligible* colleagues, a booster shot, in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
*Booster eligibility: The CDC has established guidelines for when adults are eligible to receive booster shots depending on when they completed their initial vaccine series (currently five months after the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, and two months after the J&J Vaccine). If you have completed your primary vaccine series but have not yet reached your booster eligibility date, you will be able to come into the office; however, you will need to complete your booster within 30 days of becoming eligible to continue coming in and participating in company-sponsored in-person events.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.