View job on Handshake
A Spencer Stuart Analyst plays a critical and visible role on the team. Working closely with Associates, Senior Associates, and Consultants, Analysts operate as a thought partner in understanding client needs and gathering relevant research that contributes to the overall assignment strategy.
More specifically, Analysts are responsible for supporting the search strategy by producing industry and/or functional analysis reports and talent pool mappings for active search assignments, internal meetings, and new business initiatives. This includes competitive information, trends across sub-sectors, target company list development and potential prospect identification. The Analyst provides research and conclusions to be incorporated into client-ready documents. Over time, it is expected that the Analyst will develop industry expertise by maintaining an awareness of industry trends and “best in class” leaders/future leaders.
- Develops a solid understanding of the potential client/client’s industry including specific information regarding the “value proposition” (competitive landscape, strengths, and weaknesses), stock performance, employee count, etc. Synthesize information accurately, so that it is easily incorporated into a readable, client-ready document.
- Maintain current awareness of news and issues associated with key client engagements and market opportunities and share that information and knowledge in a timely way with Associates, Consultants and Executive Assistants.
- Assist in high level name generation and talent mapping creation. Contribute to the long list creation by leveraging internal and external databases to provide commentary on potential candidates.
- Participate in kick-off meetings with Associates and Consultants to assist in the development of the search strategy. Directly assist Associates with search-related tasks, such as the development of a search strategy and target list.
- Develop industry and/or functional expertise by maintaining an awareness of industry trends and “best in class” leaders/future leaders.
Successful candidates will be self-directed, independent, and able to proactively address the needs of the practice, which is often fast-paced, quick-turn work that is highly integrated with client management and day-to-day client engagement. In addition, candidates will demonstrate a passion and ability for performing critical research and communicating their findings clearly and cogently, while delivering the highest caliber service for the greatest value. They will be graceful under pressure and be excellent multitaskers with an ownership mindset and results orientation.
Specific experience should include:
- Recent university graduate or up to three years of business experience in a relevant professional services environment
- Strong academic performance is required (3.4+ GPA) and while all majors are welcome, business or human capital related degrees are preferred
- Well-roundedness demonstrated through leadership experience in internships, work experience, community service, athletics, or roles in student-led organizations
- Advanced research, analysis, and synthesis skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and proactive in nature; resourceful, team-oriented and tenacious
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- In possession of work authorizations necessary for the country in which you are applying
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with other high-end professional services firms.
Critical Capabilities for Success
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Impact and Effectiveness
- Industry and Functional Knowledge
- Development Self and Others
- Firm Values
In order to be considered for this role you must complete an application on Spencer Stuart’s website. We will not be able to consider your candidacy unless an application is received.
Spencer Stuart is a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to non-discrimination without regard to actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age, marital status, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law.
All Spencer Stuart employees in the US must be vaccinated against COVID-19. We will provide reasonable accommodations for medical, disability or religious reasons or other legally required exemptions.