As an Analyst – Commercial Analytics within our Broadband, Wireless and Service Provider division, you will be responsible for providing reports and analytical support around internal systems data (sales & margin, purchases, inventory, etc.) and helping to drive business measurement and opportunity identification in commercial functions. You will complete reporting projects end-to-end by gathering requirements, designing solutions, extracting data and deriving insights. You will work cross-functionally and cross-organizationally to ensure reporting quality and consistency in reporting activities in internal systems as well as delivering external data collection and market, customer and competitor insights for leaders and decision makers.
*This is a remote role that may be based anywhere in the US. Initial focus will be on US markets, but may expand to cover Canada and parts of EMEA.
- Execute regular and ad-hoc reports in support of commercial teams.
- Design & build data visualizations, reports and dashboards in team BI tools to be shared with internal audiences.
- Analyze customer and company data to identify trends and potential opportunities, and measure achievement toward goals, for WESCO’s customers, suppliers, operating businesses and internal functions.
- Conduct research to support business decision making, with emphasis in sales and marketing activities.
- Collect, enter and maintain data pertaining to business performance, customer behavior, market intelligence and/or competitive intelligence.
- Support commercial and cross-functional project teams with data, analysis, information and insights.
- Collaborate with other analysts on reporting or analysis projects.
- High School Degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Information Systems, Marketing, or Mathematics preferred.
- 2 years required of analyzing data to identify insights
- 1 years required of working with relational database (ex: AWS, Teradata, MS SQL Server, Azure, MS Access, etc.)
- 1 years preferred of working with business-to-business (B2B) selling environments
- Proficiency in mathematical calculations and concepts (algebra, geometry) required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products – highly proficient in Excel required
- Critical thinking – demonstrated ability to turn data into information into insight required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex information in a straightforward manner using precise language, especially to non-technical audiences required
- Familiarity with statistical/probabilistic calculations and concepts required; proficiency preferred
- Familiarity with SQL or other data-oriented programming languages required; proficiency preferred
- Familiarity with data science concepts preferred