Analysts will work directly with core members of the team on a variety of economic and valuation-related engagements across our key practice groups. Successful Analysts take pride in their work, are proactive and independent thinkers, and have an overall good-natured personality. There are no expected travel requirements.
- Perform research on various companies, industries, products, and market trends.
- Review and evaluate industry reports, company financials (e.g., balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flow), and economic and financial models.
- Develop complex economic and financial models including detailed discounted cash flow, net present value, product sales analysis, and other relevant analyses.
- Communicate work product to management (verbally and in writing) and meet planned timelines for delivery.
- Contribute in the development of presentations, demonstratives, expert economic and financial reports, and other client deliverables.
Analysts should be well-rounded with outstanding analytical skills and a desire to grow professionally within the economic and financial consulting fields. We are especially interested in individuals who can work efficiently with team members from remote locations – and therefore have strong communication skills and have the ability and a desire to utilize technology to create an efficient working environment. Other requirements include:
- Degree from a top university, preferably in Economics, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum Major and Overall 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn SharePoint online.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with large data sets.
- Capable of working under tight timelines set by courts and clients.
- Start work in the near future.
- Relocation to San Diego.
About Insight Economics
Insight Economics is an economic consulting firm, headquartered in La Jolla, California, that provides world-class economic analysis for partners and clients worldwide. Our core services include Expert Witness Testimony, Economic Analysis, Valuation, and Strategy and Monetization. We work in a variety of industries, including: Biotechnology, Consumer Electronics, E-Commerce, Entertainment, Financial Services, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Security and Defense, and Telecommunications. Employees of Insight Economics are rewarded with autonomy and flexibility in their work schedule and environment to be able to create a unique work-life balance.