View job on Handshake
If crowdsourcing can be used to alert drivers to traffic delays as soon as they happen (Waze), help you pick a restaurant for dinner (Yelp), and launch and finance new companies (Crowdfunding), consider the power of a diverse crowd for making predictions about the future.
Organizations as varied as the U.S. and European Intelligence Communities, global news organizations, investment banks, biopharmaceutical companies, and large manufacturers have used Cultivate Labs’ technology solutions to tap the collective intelligence of their employees, partners, and external networks to make predictions they then use to guide key strategic and operational decisions.
We’re growing as a company and are looking to hire someone to work across our various clients as a new analyst.
Here’s more about the role:
Our Professional Services team provides consulting support for clients who have decided to implement our technology solutions and methodology. We guide our clients in the implementation of their new crowdsourced forecasting program through discovery and assessment, strategic and change management planning, program launch and execution, data analysis, and ongoing evaluation.
As an analyst in our professional services practice, you will work across multiple projects and gain experience across different industries. On a day to day basis, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in the development of deliverables such as client presentations, short research papers, internally and externally focused marketing materials, and other content that supports the use of our solution.
- Assist in efforts to recruit participants on both public-facing and internal programs through multiple communication channels;
- Assist in community management activities to ensure participants are actively participating on our technology platform and participating in program activities;
- Conduct subject research on areas of interest which could range from geopolitical events to trends in AI and biotechnology;
- Assist in the implementation of education and engagement tactics for participants utilizing change management best-practices, e.g., writing blogs and educational materials, proposing incentives and rewards, organizing talks by thought leaders, and other events;
- Perform data analysis and generate executive summary level reports and presentations; and
- Excellent business acumen, problem-solving, and analytical skills to evaluate challenges and present recommendations in an organized and easy-to-understand manner;
- Strong written and verbal communication, able to author diverse array of deliverables including executive level summaries, proposals, white papers, blog posts, etc.;
- Ability to research and gain a working understanding of a broad array of topics;
- Proven organizational and leadership skills;
- Quantitative background: experience in performing basic data analysis in Excel, R, or other statistical packages, and comfort working with basic statistical concepts.
We offer all our employees:
- A competitive salary;
- Participation in our profit sharing plan which includes end of year profit bonus and 401k bonus;
- Health care plan;
- 401k with 4% match;
- Annual workstation and technology budget;
- Annual training / conference budget;
- Maternity and paternity leave;
- Liberal vacation policy
We are currently fully remote and are located in Chicago, Washington, DC, Toronto, Denver, Cincinnati, and New York City. We have no plans to return to a dedicated office space.
Because our software is used in classified settings in the U.S. Government and you may be asked to work on related projects, the person in this position must be a U.S. Citizen.
Our Hiring Process
We want to be as transparent as possible with our hiring process. Here’s how we’ll interact with you:
- Step 1: Apply on Handshake;
- Step 2: If we are interested in following up, we will respond within 7 days to schedule a telephone background interview to tell you more about the company and ask you general questions about your experience;
- Step 3: We will invite you to have two follow-up conversations: one with members of the team currently working on government projects, and potentially one with our CEO;
- Step 4: We will ask for references;
- Step 5: We will extend you an offer letter. If you accept in principle, we will prepare a formal employee agreement to sign;
- Step 6: We will conduct a background check;
- Step 7: We will celebrate your arrival and send you some company swag.