About this role
As our first Analyst, you’ll work closely with the Business Operations and Growth teams to help us turn data into understanding and make recommendations on where to grow. In this role, you’ll use data to solve complex, ambiguous, high-impact, cross-functional problems.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor at a very early stage company that’s growing fast. You’ll work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced and data-driven environment. You’ll work cross-functionally with our leadership, product, engineering, and business teams and report directly to the Business Operations Lead.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in our San Francisco office and the other days working from home, with occasional longer stints working remotely.
- Use data to solve ambiguous problems. You’ll work with large data sets pulled from systems across the company to generate insights and help us tackle complex business problems
- Act and operate as an internal consultant, working directly with multiple stakeholders, management, and various related departments to optimize team performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business requirements, develop and/or refine processes, and scale initiatives to drive long term business sustainability.
- Define and craft critical metrics to evaluate team and company performance
- Support internal decision making through analysis, models, and dashboards
- Effectively compile and communicate findings to leadership or stakeholders
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis, as needed.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
- 1-2 years of experience in a business context solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Data whiz. You’re comfortable manipulating data and translating it into story and action.
- Ability to generate insights from messy or ambiguous data
- Proficient in SQL
- Programming skills in a higher level language such as Python or R preferred.
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau is a plus.
- Strong ownership. You don’t drop the ball. You keep your high-level goals in mind while executing with high attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably with a major in business, math, economics, statistics, or related field. MBA or Masters is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. You’re a proactive, persuasive communicator, who can distill spreadsheets into actionable insights. You see the story the numbers are telling and translate it for the rest of the team.
- Ability to flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job.
- A creative spirit. You know how to make the most of resources in a small, scrappy environment, and you’re always seeking to add value in novel ways.
This job might be a great fit if:
- You’re a civic-minded people person. You get energy from using your power to influence others for good in the world. You’re excited to use your skills to achieve business impact at the speed of a tech startup and social impact at the scale of government.
- You take into account facts and feelings. You’re data-driven and analytical, with a high EQ. You like tracking quantitative outcomes, even as you understand that business relationships have a highly significant emotional component.
- You play well with others. You’re respectful even when you disagree. You’re highly collaborative. You’re able to adjust how you engage in different settings, and you have the patience to walk someone through something twice and stay level-headed when someone’s having a bad day.
- You’re an expert project manager. You keep track of details, timelines, and moving pieces across teams and stakeholders to underpromise and overdeliver. You know how to ruthlessly prioritize to focus on the things that matter to achieve your desired outcome and ignore the siren calls of sexy side projects.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.