Biotechnology and Life Sciences Financial Advisory Boutique
Chestnut Partners, Inc. provides a select group of public and private biotechnology and life sciences clients with financial advice relating to value creation planning, corporate partnership transactions, mergers and acquisitions, tender defense, and private capital formation. The firm offers an exceptional level of senior involvement, sophistication, independence, speed of execution, and confidentiality for each assignment. We are a 17-person firm, formed in 1995, unified by a mission of helping our clients successfully navigate the complex financial strategy required to turn scientific innovations into patient impact.
While Chestnut Partners is an investment bank, its deep client relationships typically result in advisory assignments that are a mix between traditional banking and consulting activities and expose Analysts to all aspects of client business models and strategies.
The Analyst role offers an exceptional opportunity to participate in a nimble entrepreneurial environment in downtown Boston. Analysts will have the opportunity to:
· Add value to client businesses through direct interaction with senior client executives (e.g., CEO, CFO, Board of Directors)
· Utilize numerous analytical frameworks with an emphasis on financial modeling
· Gain significant exposure to the Boston/Cambridge biotechnology cluster, which is the most active in the nation
· Be mentored by Partners of the firm who have 40- and 11-years of experience, respectively, in their field
· Earn a competitive compensation and benefits package
· Have exceptional career opportunities upon exiting the firm
Candidates for this position require strong analytical and interpersonal skills with backgrounds reflecting a high level of achievement. Successful Analysts:
· Are goal-oriented and approach projects with an ownership mentality
· Possess work habits stressing initiative, self-reliance, organization, thoroughness, attention to detail, and perseverance
· Exhibit maturity, self-confidence, strong communication skills, and an ability to work both independently and in a team
· Have strong research and presentation skills
Chestnut prefers candidates who have:
· Math, science, economics, finance and/or accounting backgrounds through class work or prior experience (a full major in one of these subjects is not required and Chestnut has hired candidates in the past who did not major/minor in one of these concentrations)
· Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Chestnut Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates from the Class of 2023 should submit a resume and unofficial transcript no later than November 11, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For more information, please visit www.chestnutp.com
Contact: Sheryl Thiboutot
Chestnut Partners, Inc.
One Financial Center – 24th Floor
Boston, MA 02111-2621