– Highly competitive starting salary
– Discretionary Bonus Potential
– Promote available on future deals
– Career growth opportunity – entrepreneurial environment
Blue Rise Ventures is a multi-asset class commercial real estate investment firm focusing primarily on industrial and life science properties. The Blue Rise team offers diverse real estate experience in acquisitions, asset management, leasing, and construction management, in addition to extensive institutional investment management experience. A vertically integrated team allows Blue Rise to move swiftly and nimbly across leasing and construction to offer unparalleled support to both investment partners and prospective tenants. With several million square feet under management across the San Francisco Bay Area and strong ties to the region, Blue Rise Ventures seeks to build upon its strong relationships to expand into key gateway markets by treating tenants like partners.
The role of the Property Analyst is to support all facets of the business, while becoming a well-rounded real estate professional that shows a willingness to tackle tasks both big and small. Responsibilities will include accounting, operations, marketing, financial analysis, and potentially some involvement with future acquisitions.
- Value an open, honest, and transparent workplace.
- Be a curious and driven professional capable of stretching her/himself and our team.
- Work collaboratively.
- Exhibit excellent organization and communication skills with an ability to work through complex issues with thoughtful solutions.
- Manage self and others in an open honest and transparent manner.
- Self-aware, self-secure, go-getter, who knows the value of a team.
- Work inclusively within a diverse team.
- Actively builds and enables supportive relationships to create a successful, dynamic, and fun team organization and culture.
- Helps mentor people and looks to be mentored.
- Ability to adapt and quickly learn new things.
Blue Rise Ventures can offer above-market total compensation for this position including salary, benefits and incentive compensation (e.g. bonus, promote interest).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be a leader and motivator amongst key third-party relationships that are critical to driving returns and optimizing performance: leasing brokers, property management, consultants, etc.
- Assist team with marketing/engagements efforts with brokers and current/prospective tenants
- Provide support to the construction management team on vendor management and accounting
- Provide support by reviewing property variance reports to ensure expenses are being tracked properly and are coming in under budget
- Monitor lease expiration dates (LED’s) and assist in extension/expansion discussions
- Manage vendor requests/setup and inform them of payment timing
- Assist with quarterly reports and presentation materials to investors
- Participation in the underwriting and performance forecasts of new acquisitions
· Conscientious about the timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Organize and prioritize tasks and work with minimal direction
· Exceptional work ethic, goal-oriented, and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial setting
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 0-1 years of experience working in accounting or finance, with strong internship experience
- Experience should include working within a real estate firm or an accounting firm that directly services real estate firms
- Open to hiring an intern or for a full-time position, with start date dependent on the type of hire
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance (or similar field of study is preferred)
- Demonstrated desire to pursue a career in commercial real estate
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and ability to create custom reports/presentations required for measuring key performance metrics by property