Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) supports Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Background on the Position
The role will reside within the Firm Risk Management’s Credit Risk Management department. The team is dedicated to covering the lending businesses within Institutional Securities Group (ISG) at a portfolio level, including analyzing the portfolio risk with each lending business, conducting stress loss analysis (centered around the Firm’s Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) submissions), and collaborating with other areas within Risk and the Business to manage and analyze the pipeline.
The role will focus on the ISG Lending activity (Corporate Lending and Securitized Product Group Lending) within the Firm including project management of stress testing and ACL teams, running stress testing models, analyzing stress testing results, and reporting to management.
- Covering risk Identification process for ISG Lending Credit including materiality assessments, material preparation and ad-hoc requests on risk ID process
- Project Management for Stress Testing and Allowance for Credit Losses (ACL) teams on Business as Usual (BAU) and CCAR requests including ensuring that CCAR and BAU procedures for both Stress Testing and ACL teams are up to date
- Ensure proper implementation of Governance and Controls – this role will work frequently with Internal Audit and Process Validation teams
- Performing stress testing model runs and analyzing results for regulatory stress tests (CCAR) as well as for ongoing business-as-usual stress loss estimates
- Collaborating with risk analytics and technology groups on model implementation and testing#LI-JB3
- Bachelor’s degree required with experience a plus
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Understanding of basic concepts of Corporate Lending business and Securitized Products
- Strong project management skills (organizing skills, attention to details and problem-solving skills)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Strong mathematical skills, including exposure to fixed income mathematics and concepts
- Experiences working with Internal Audit and Process Validation teams a plus
- Experiences with regulatory requests a plus (i.e., Federal Reserve, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), etc.)
- Experiences with CCAR a plus
FRM is committed to creating and providing opportunities that enable our workforce to reflect diverse backgrounds and views.