View job on Handshake
Americorps Position Description
Pajaro Valley Shelter Services
The Economic Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the economic growth of PVSS clients as they work to secure permanent employment and housing. The EDC will maintain ongoing contact with participants and community partners, facilitating meetings following up to ensure arrangements are followed through. The Coordinator will check in with each participant at least once a week to give and receive updates on their progress. Client progress will be reported by EDC in the program dashboard.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Work with participants to identify barriers keeping them from a sustainable financial future
● Establish partnerships with community organizations
● Seek funding opportunities for participants to receive job training
● Coordinate personal finance, professional development, and educational workshops
● Assist in case management by developing individualized coordinated economic development plans for participants
● Present program progress with Leadership team and Board of Directors
● Develop Economic Development program materials
● Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
● High energy, ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
● Must demonstrate a deep respect for clients and fellow staff members at all times
● Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques, child abuse reporting, and de-escalation techniques.
● Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
● Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.