What will you do?
The deconstruction coordinator assists with the management and execution of deconstruction programs involving the demolition of structures in order to reuse and recycle materials as a green alternative to landfills. Help lead volunteers and homeowner families in the removal of resellable items from remodel projects while raising awareness of sustainable building practices.
- Ensure an efficient and effective job, start to finish, including volunteer orientation and documentation.
- Provide leadership to volunteers, ensuring all materials are removed safely.
- Adhere to federal, state and local environmental, health and safety rules and regulations as they relate to hazardous products such as asbestos, mold and lead paint. This includes implementing procedures that ensure compliance on each deconstruction project site.
- Physically deconstruct sites based on set agreements. *Load product into truck and safely transport to the ReStore to maintain their reuse value.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service
- Living allowance $16,630 for approximately 10 ½ months of service.
- Segal Education Award of $6,345 upon successful completion of service.
- Health care benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Personal and medical leave — approximately 10 days total.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Worker’s compensation insurance.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with volunteers, teaching or group facilitation.
- Experience working as a member of a team.
- Ability to drive large pick-up trucks (or willingness to learn).
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Current valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and reliable transportation
For any questions, please contact:
Megan Young, Applicant Engagement Senior Specialist
Phone Number: 1-800-422-4828 x5034