View job on Handshake
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfilment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
A successful candidate should exposure to business analytics, data science, data visualization, and data engineering. We are looking for jack-of-all-trades that are able to select and use the right tools to bring clarity to complex questions and help drive decisions. While we don’t assume mastery in all areas, successful team members can speak and work competently in multiple domains.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from July– December 2022. Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
- Completion of at least junior year of degree program is required
- Degree program in data science, computer science, statistics, applied math or other related discipline
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
- Sense of humor and willingness to learn
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize conflicting requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to succinctly summarize key findings.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize critical tasks and conflicting requirements with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with big data and object oriented programming languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, etc.).
- Experience in data mining using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Good working knowledge of applied statistics and machine learning techniques.
- Good knowledge of SQL and working with relational databases.
- Experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in data science and data analysis
- Desire to pursue challenging questions through extensive operational and data analysis (experience to do data analysis, regression analysis)
- Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience giving data presentations with graphical or data visualization tools Preferred qualifications Comfortable in a Linux environment Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), e.g. DynamoDB, AuroraDB (MySQL), S3, SQS, SNS, EC2
- Interest in and experience with experimental design
- Experience with creative problem solving and getting things done
- Experience with ROS, OpenCV, or PCL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.