Please Apply at this link here:
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking talented and motivated new grad Data Engineers this July/August of 2022 to design, develop and test software that controls and optimizes mobile-robotic fulfillment systems used by Amazon.com operations. Amazon Robotics software facilitates user workflows, robotic control and machine to user interfaces, advanced algorithms and mobile technology. Our Engineers experiment with disruptive technologies and integrate them within our current software and data solutions using agile methodologies in a collaborative team environment.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
· Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion
· Identify and develop solutions to current business problems
· Work with your manager and team to create milestones and deliverables
· Use a broad range of data design approaches and know when it is appropriate to use them (and when it is not).
· Make enhancements that improve data processes (e.g., data auditing solutions, management of manually maintained tables, automating, ad-hoc or manual operation steps).
· Works with engineers to develop efficient data querying and modeling infrastructure.
· Create coherent Logical Data Models that drive physical design.
A day in the life
You will work with stakeholders to dive deep into the manufacturing and supply chain operations problem space. You will design data infrastructure solutions that enable BIEs, DSs and business partners to enable insights for Robotics operations. You’ll be part of a talented team with end-to-end skill-sets in software development, data engineering and data science. You will be in the driver’s seat of your research projects with the ability to bring new ideas into production.
About the team
We are a Boston, MA based cross-functional team of software developers, data engineers and data scientists who work together to deliver high-impact solutions. We operate in a collaborative environment where your perspective matters – we encourage new ideas and hold regular design review meetings to think beyond the here and now.
· 1+ years of experience analyzing and interpreting data and experience with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc.
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative/technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics
· Prior experience as a Data Engineer Intern/Co-Op or similar
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Experience building software and/or data applications through internships, course projects, hackathons or personal projects
· Understanding of Object Oriented Programming, data structures and algorithms
· Proficient oral and written communication skills
· Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
· Complete a B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, applied math or other algorithmic-centric discipline by August 2022
· Relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.