Wake up each day to be part of a movement. A movement to make an impact. A movement to go for it. A movement to provide solutions. A movement to be empowered. A movement to do the right thing.
Our people deliver.®
Empowerment, active listening, and creative thinking are a few attributes AIT teammates exercise to deliver a world-class customer experience.
Forbes names AIT Worldwide Logistics one of America’s Best Employers in 2022! Come join us at AIT and see why our employees rank us among the best places to work.
The International Operations Agent is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day air export of international freight forwarding shipments out of the USA of international transportation based upon customer requests.
What You Will Be Doing Day-to-Day:
- Work with customers to qualify their shipping requirements and obtain all details (regulations, certificates, documentation) necessary for shipment quotation and operating in order to ensure the customer’s request is satisfied.
- Prepare profitable quotations accurately.
- Complete shipment process in Cargowise, including data entry, pickup/delivery scheduling, AES entry, airline bookings, routing, and operational milestone updates.
- Coordinate the day-to-day air export of products, including reviewing orders and documents.
- Track and communicate all delays, damages, problems, and work to resolve customer issues.
- Responsible for all aspects of air export international operations such as customer service, data entry of shipments, operations and billing.
- Manage all aspects of tracking shipments to ensure shipment is moving as scheduled and update system immediately upon verification. Identify and rectify if a shipment has deviated from its schedule.
- Coordinate recovery/delivery schedules with various cartage agents and international partners.
- Partner with local sales teams to communicate problems to customers, international partners and other stations, as needed.
- Ensure all customers’ SOP instructions are adhered to and AIT KPIs and guidelines are followed and met.
- Ensure all shipments are properly billed within company guidelines and timelines.
- Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as business demands deem necessary.
What We Look for in Teammates:
- A team player who works well with others – being respectful to our teammates is a Core Value
- A strong work ethic with an appreciation for ownership, independence, accountability, and autonomy in your role
- Growth mindset – being passionate about your craft, always looking for ways to improve yourself and the company, being open to change and doing things differently
- Customer service focus – we serve a wide variety of customers, both internal and external, and building relationships is a part of our culture
Other Skills We Hope to See:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2 years’ industry experience in export/import operations
- Previous work experience in ITAR and Dangerous Goods regulations preferred
- Cargo-wise experience a plus!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced working environment
- High attention to detail and strong organizing skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
What AIT Can Offer You:
- Growing company with a record year in performance that continues to scale!
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in our station with an ability to make an impact across the organization
- Hands-on and passionate CEO who understands the importance of hiring great talent – passionately caring for co-workers is a Core Value!
- Laid-back and open-door work environment
- High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Generous paid time off
- Tuition assistance for your personal development
- Volunteer program – it’s also a Core Value – we actively engage in our communities!
About AIT Worldwide Logistics:
AIT Worldwide Logistics is a global freight forwarder that helps its customers grow by expanding access to markets all over the world where they can sell and/or procure raw materials, components, and finished goods. For more than 40 years, the Chicago-based supply chain solutions leader has relied on a consultative approach to build a global network and trusted partnerships in nearly every industry, including aerospace, automotive, consumer retail, food, government, healthcare, high-tech, industrial and life sciences. Backed by scalable, user-friendly technology, AIT’s flexible business model customizes door-to-door deliveries via sea, air, ground, and rail—on time and on budget. With expert teammates staffing more than 85 worldwide locations in Asia, Europe and North America, AIT’s full-service options also include customs clearance, warehouse management and white glove services.
AIT Worldwide Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled. If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact Human Resources at 630-766-8300 ext 5218 or email your resume to email@example.com.