View job on Handshake
ObjectSecurity is a highly innovative cybersecurity company headquartered in San Diego, CA. We focus on the intersection between cybersecurity, AI/ML, supply chain risk analysis, and ICS/OT. We have several Phase II SBIRs that have the potential to become transformative technology solutions. When you become part of our team, your career opportunities are endless. Join us on our growth trajectory.
We are doing exciting other product developments, including a supply chain risks analysis product which takes an SAP data dump and turns it into a graph DB, and then runs analytics over it to identify risks. Another cool project is an “AI hacker” development, which uses AI to simulate a hacker.
This position offers the opportunity to apply data science to cybersecurity related challenges, incl. (just to name a few) to secure ML pipelines during development, to analyze binaries for vulnerabilities using ML, to detect anomalies on devices/PCBs (using advanced computer vision ML), to analyze anomalies in supply chain data graphs, and more. We are tasked by the Navy, Air Force, DHS and others to solve significant cybersecurity challenges.
This job is your opportunity to work with a world-class team of scientists, engineers, and security experts, turning AI into innovative, transformative technology products that solve the most pressing issues our nation currently faces.
- Utilize data science and machine learning techniques to design and develop effective solutions for the abovementioned (and other) cybersecurity challenges.
- Design, develop and implement new AI and Machine Learning capabilities for company’s systems
- Integrate AI and ML capabilities into company’s software ecosystem
- Specify and implement data pipelines
- Work with engineering teams to build scalable solutions
- Scientific/technical research into data science and machine learning related innovations, publications, tools etc., and select the best possible approaches/tools for each objective
- Produce scientific/technical reports documenting your findings for the customer (monthly)
- Contribute to customer presentations, presenting the data science and machine learning parts of solutions
- Continuously update and maintain systems
- Work closely with data scientists and software developers
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or Statistics
- Senior level data scientist with over five or more years of relevant security experience.
- Strong ability in Python, Scala, or Java, good coding skills
- Deep and broad understanding and experience with machine learning techniques
- Knowledge of cybersecurity
- Experience with graph databases
- Experience estimating processing and communications requirements for various data pipelines/learning systems
- Familiarity with concepts from statistics
- Experience with a range of data analysis techniques: linear regression, random forest, clustering, deep learning, object detection, NLP techniques, supervised and unsupervised learning, graph algorithms, etc.
- Technical writing for data science and machine learning related technical proposals (working with our proposal writing team)
- Ownership mentality and entrepreneurial drive, proven ability to work autonomously
- Strong technical background with expertise in machine learning, statistics, or data-driven social science (e.g., Economics); or data-driven cybersecurity
- Strong communication and analytical skills including the ability to identify and frame initially vague problems and communicate solutions
- Experience using Python for data analytics
- Familiarity with distributed data processing and data storage technologies
- Basic knowledge of cybersecurity
The ideal Data Science Engineer has:
- At least 3 years of professional computer science / data science / software engineering experience or a PhD in a relevant field
- Producing high quality software that is well-written and well-instrumented
- Experienced in software architecture, design, agile development, test suites, and system maintenance
- Fluent in Data Science, ML and AI
- Fluent in Python, git, GitLab/GitHub, container systems, databases, and CI/CD
We are open to hiring candidates at any level – Data Scientist, Senior Data Scientist or Principal Data Scientist.
Eligible candidates MUST be a US citizen or permanent resident; proper documentation is required due to government contract requirements. Pre-employment verifications: must pass background, reference and ITAR/EAR checks in addition to a pre-employment drug screen.