Sonoma Media Investments (SMI) is an independent, privately-owned multimedia company based in Santa Rosa. We are seeking an Advertising Financial Analyst, who will focus on our digital recruitment category. Formed in 2012 by a consortium of local investors who recognize the value of quality local journalism, SMI is home to the most-read publications and websites in the affluent Sonoma Valley, north of San Francisco.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults – more than 376,000 in total – engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine, and La Prensa Sonoma (the region’s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Here are the essential details of the job. Does this sound perfect for you?
- Provide support to the Advertising Finance and Systems Manager with the ongoing changes and maintenance of our Advertising Management platform: including inputting of rates, contracts, and processes.
- Responsible for the accurate compilation of advertising goals, monthly sales awards and recording the earnings for accounting each month.
- Responsible for accurately inputting receipts, the overall recording process, submission and reconciliation of all advertising department expense invoices and expense reports, in addition to completing CRO’s forms for finance.
- Responsible for updating the 6 metric report each week and distributing to the advertising management team.
- Responsible for assisting in month end close duties as assigned and reports for the advertising department.
- In conjunction with the Advertising Finance and Systems Manager, CRO and business unit leaders, help with the preparation process of the annual budget process.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Check off the ‘must haves’ below before you apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent education preferred.
- Background of accounting and/or business systems.
- Ad process management.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and/or number acumen.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions.
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off.
Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a pre-employment background investigation.