Hamilton Company is a global enterprise headquartered in Reno, Nevada with manufacturing facilities in Reno, Boston and Bonaduz, Switzerland. Branch sales offices are located in France, Germany, and the United Kingdom. We are the worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of manual, semi-automated and robotic products for precision fluid measuring. For over 56 years, Hamilton has been satisfying customer needs by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship, ensuring the highest level of performance of every precision fluid measuring device we manufacture.
Manage staff in the Advanced Product Engineering (APE) group. Support and help drive realization of custom solutions through APE.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage APE staff, including (or delegation of) project assignment, time allocation, training, development, personnel issues and reviews.
- Implement programs and practices to continually improve the efficiency of APE activities and the profitability of projects.
- Create and maintain an organized and presentable work center for project-based instrumentation.
- Identify commonly requested APE components or systems, and provide relevant information to Standard Solutions, R&D, and product managers, so that those items can be converted to standard product.
- Analyze trends and forecast projections of custom parts orders to determine if production of greater than the purchased quantity is a profitable approach in producing custom products before a product is a candidate for Standardization.
Oversee APE staff activities:
- Respond and collaborate to/with field requests (for quotes, drawings, technical information, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Work with field staff (Sales, ACEs, Applications) to help define custom solutions.
- Consult with R&D, product managers, and scientific leaders, as needed, to help review user requirements and define project scope.
- Prepare project schedules according to customer requirements and available resources.
- Implement defined hardware and software components of custom solution projects.
- Coordinate implementation activities to meet the defined project schedules.
- Use best practices for method programming.
- Track project statuses.
- Provide status updates to project stakeholders.
- Coordinate FAT and SAT efforts.
- Perform project closure activities.
- Work collaboratively with R&D, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Shipping, Receiving, and Service, as required for efficient and effective project realization.
- Use best practices for documentation of project proposals, project specifications, software, and hardware.
- Provide technical support for post-sales issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA):
- Must have excellent planning, coordinating, organization and documentation skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and to ensure the project teams stay on-task and on-time.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with capital scientific equipment, experience specifying and realizing large integrated systems is strongly preferred.
- A good working knowledge of computers is required.
- Must be able to implement change in processes and in development and mentorship of people.
- Must be able to travel nationally and internationally. Requires availability for up to 10% travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Prior management experience is required.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Effective diplomatic communication with customers and sales staff is
- Experience taking scientific bench protocols from the bench to the robot strongly recommended.
- Experience conceptualizing and producing custom lab automation hardware and systems is strongly recommended.
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Commitment to sustainable design
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Benefit Package (medical, dental, vision insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, disability insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more)
- Solid Stable Company
- Drug free workplace.
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age 40 and over, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, religious preference, or veteran status in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.