View job on Handshake
We are seeking an intern to assist with experimental and theoretical physics research associated with the disciplines of Quantum Field Theory, Special Relativity, and General Relativity. The position can be remote with occasional all-expense-paid trips to our Houston lab.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate is in a post-Graduate program in theoretical or applied physics focused on either Quantum Field Theory, Special Relativity, and/or General Relativity. The candidate has published at least one research paper, and has participated in at least one experimental research project. The ideal candidate should also be able to endorse publications from Parallax 621 at Arxiv.org.
Our intern will be compensated for their time at 20-30 dollars per hour subject to their qualifications.
• Familiarity performing experimental data analysis using statistical tools
• Experience authoring or co-authoring research papers for publication
• Understanding of research and laboratory discipline
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills
• Has experience working with vector graphics software
• Has worked with Mathematica or other mathematics software
• Has familiarity working with research paper formats for major scientific publication