Advanced Excel Modeler for Hedge Fund
The Q Family Office is seeking a sharp recent graduate or individual with 0-5 years of experience to join the Enterprise Risk Management team. On this team, an analyst could spend 0 – 2 years in any of the following departments below with opportunities for growth thereafter, and likely will rotate through each of these departments at various times doing various projects.
The individual will be placed based upon the needs of the firm and the candidate’s strengths. The firm prefers that candidates are open to any of the departments. They will assist multiple departments in using technology to create solutions and improve processes. The work environment is open, team-based, and fast-paced. Q invests in many areas including real estate, banking, energy, aviation, and distressed /high yield credit markets.
The Risk Analyst who joins our team will sit on the Trading Desk and assist by tracking daily profit and loss by strategy, analyzing current and potential trading opportunities and monitoring risk factors that affect the firm’s entire portfolio of investments. The analyst will perform risk diagnostics on items such as security pricing, financing costs, convertibility of bonds, interest rate sensitivity etc., that will be used to generate reports to traders, portfolio managers and partners. The analyst will use technology solutions to create and improve automated processes.
Strategic tax planning is at the core of every investment idea, and the Tax Analyst will have direct access to and interaction with individuals from all divisions of the company. The analyst will also work with outside tax counsel, review and prepare financial and tax reports and complex allocation schedules for the firm’s complex structure and management entities, as well as assist in the calculations of taxable income from trading activity. This analyst will work as direct support for several C-Suite employees including the CFO and CCO. The analyst will use technology solutions to create and improve automated processes.
TripleNet Financial (TNF)
TNF provides alternative financing to real estate developers of single tenant projects with companies like Starbucks, Rite Aid, Chase Bank, Dollar General, etc., across the United States. In this department you will learn the details of real estate finance, including underwriting, structuring, modeling and documentation. This analyst will have the opportunity to provide excellent support internally and with 3rd parties such as title companies, loan closers at development firms, and banks. The analyst will also monitor operational details including: reviewing and processing loan documents, as well as leases, environmental & engineering reports, and surveys. The analyst will demonstrate thorough due diligence through every step of a deal in this role.
Texas Exchange Bank
Texas Exchange Bank, owned by the multi-billion-dollar family office of the founder of Q Investments, is a $2.25B bank focused on complex bank loans to large corporations and securities of collateralized loan obligations (CLOs). The TEB analyst role will incorporate many of the above-mentioned responsibilities of monitoring operational, compliance and tax risk. In addition, the analyst will reconcile the general ledger, prepare reports for the Board of Directors, and assist with external audits. The TEB Analyst will also help with the preparation of risk assessments, financial reports, regulatory and tax reporting, and other various operations within the Texas Exchange Bank.
The financial control group is the fund accounting group for the firm, working with our trade settlement and financing transactions. The analyst will assist in securities and derivatives operations and will account for multiple domestic and offshore entities as well as multiple investment strategies within those entities. From the outset, this analyst will have the opportunity to gain experience in complex cash and position reconciliations and transaction analysis reported by portfolio managers, traders, brokerage firms and prime broker accounts.
The ideal ERM candidate will have:
- Proficient use of MS Excel (with a strong emphasis on financial modeling) and database applications; familiarity with VBA, SQL and MS Query desired but not required
- 3.5+ GPA
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, statistics, MIS, or engineering
- A track record of achievement through internships, academic accolades, etc.
The ERM candidate for this opening must be willing to commit at least two years to work as a Senior Treasury/Financial Analyst with our helicopter company, PHI Corp. This full-time role is located here in Fort Worth at the Q Family Office.
The Senior Treasury/Financial Analyst will be responsible for integral day to day operational activities supporting cash and debt management, liquidity, working capital, bank account/LC administration, and financial planning and analysis. The role will support the Treasurer in coordinating and reporting global cash activity, disbursements, and collections while providing key analytical support for financial planning and cash forecasting. The position will contribute to special projects analyzing, designing, and distributing reports aimed at developing sophistication within Finance and adding value to the organization.
- Perform daily cash management activities including wire transfers and global cash reporting
- Report daily cash position and cash flow forecasts. Analyze variances to improve liquidity
- Monitor Accounts Receivable environment and record daily cash collections
- Monitor Accounts Payable environment and report disbursements
- Assist with managing working capital and providing DSO/DPO reporting
- Assist with coordinating bank account administration and security access
- Assist Treasurer with monitoring Revolver & Term Loan debt compliance and helping prepare monthly/quarterly/annual compliance certificates
- Assist Treasurer with calculating and preparing ABL borrowing base reporting and monitor ongoing borrowing base availability
- Support company credit card programs including T&E and payables card solutions
- Perform Treasury accounting initiatives
- Develop and distribute presentations and dashboards to track analysis of key performance indicators, peer analysis, and other critical metrics
- Assist with preparation of management and BOD level financial analysis and reporting
- Assist Treasurer with maintaining detailed financial models including forward looking P&L’s, cash flows and balance sheets. Assist in evaluating and forming long range financial plans.
- Assist with implementation of process improvements and technology driven solutions for Treasury and Finance initiatives
- Assist Treasurer with ad hoc investor relations requests & initiatives
- Recommend and implement best in class policies and procedures
- Contribute to special projects, ad hoc financial analysis and assignments as needed
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- 2-5 years of experience in corporate treasury, corporate banking, corporate FP&A or similar financial experience.
- Knowledge and experience with liquidity/cash management, corporate finance, cash forecasting, accounting, and internal control frameworks.
- Experience utilizing online bank platforms.
- Proficiency in finance and accounting systems (e.g. Enterprise ERP’s, OneStream) a plus and Microsoft Office applications a requirement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.