View job on Handshake
At their core, analysts on the Advanced Analytics & Insights team at Wayfair are strong in quantitative analysis, have prior coding experience, and take an interest in business. They think critically to tackle complex problems, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one. There are significant opportunities for new team members to emerge as leaders, taking on additional projects and responsibilities with strong performance.
Each analyst is aligned with a line of business in the domain of customer-facing experiences such as Registry orthe Products Details Page. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets, analysts will collaborate closely with broader teams within Wayfair such as Product Management, Software Engineering, and Product Design, in order to solve challenging problems. Typical responsibilities include constructing SQL queries, analyzing customer behavior and trends to generate actionable insights, and developing new recommendations for stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build solutions to empower stakeholders across Wayfair to self-serve analytical needs.
- Comprehend, extract, and massage information from multi-terabyte data sources including sales, clickstream, logistics, product, and customer databases to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Collaborate with leaders of functional areas (e.g., Product Management, Software Engineering, Product Design, Advanced Analytics & Insights) to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing within a business unit to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and consumer behavior.
- Perform deep-dive analysis, including the application of advanced analytical techniques, to solve some of the more critical and complex business problems including website funnel progression, customer segmentation and targeting, and customer engagement and behavior.
- Develop data visualizations via reports, dashboards, and analyses to distribute data insights in an easily digestible manner to over 10,000 global employees.
What You Have:
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or other structured programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, C)
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets; experience with Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc. ) and Lookera plus.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ecommerce or retail analytics experience a strong plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.