The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position, Administrative Research Program Support with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: $22.91 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), desktop publishing, and the Internet;
- Highly organized; experienced in administration support functions (i.e., recordkeeping, filing) and managing records (electronic and hardcopy) or databases; and
- Strong communication skills (i.e., written, oral, telephone etiquette, presentation abilities), including effective multi-media technical communications.
- Experience involving the management of research programs and/or scientific communication.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a bachelor’s degree in communications, environmental policy or another closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Center for Public Health and Environmental Assessment (CPHEA) provides the science needed to understand the complex interrelationship between people and nature in support of assessments and policy to protect human health and ecological integrity. Within CPHEA, the Public Health and Environmental Systems Division (PHESD) focuses on the interrelationships between people and their environment, promotes human health and well-being, and fosters healthy and safe communities. PHESD scientists develop and evaluate measurements, methods, and models to better understand and quantify exposures and their effects on public health and the environment. The Division conducts innovative research on characterizing human and ecological exposures and understanding the impacts of these exposures on both human health and ecological integrity. The PHESD Associate Director and team are responsible for managing, providing guidance for, and providing oversight of the business operations for PHESD. This includes developing, managing, and controlling the overall budget, administering its execution, and directing other related special projects related to expenditures of resources. Responsibilities also include management, oversights, and guidance in the areas of extramural management, human resources, travel, training, contract and record management, scientific products, ethics, purchasing, information management, health and safety, environmental management, and compliance, facilities, physical security, property management, as well as other areas. Responsibilities also include conducting reviews, providing advice, assistance, and support, and facilitating and interpreting policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent bachelor’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Gather information, develop tables, spreadsheets, and presentations and conduct analyses in response to data calls and other PHESD needs;
- Assist in responding to high-priority requests of various natures that require short turn-around times and attention to detail;
- Provide support to maintain and keep current a number of information databases and systems. This may include shared drives, property transaction databases, purchase cards, travel, training, etc.; and
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email EPANSSC@ORAU.org