Actuarial Data Scientist- Remote (Enterprise Data Solutions)
25 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865
Want to join a company where doing good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual!
We’re redefining excellent customer experiences. Data drives that process.
As a Data Scientist, you will be working alongside actuaries and other data professionals to build and evaluate our pricing and other enterprise models. Beyond the data, you’ll have the opportunity to communicate findings and trends to key stakeholders across the company. We navigate our projects through the entire data science lifecycle, from problem definition to data exploration, data wrangling, modeling, analysis, and deployment into production. We maintain a close partnership with IT to ensure that our models can be deployed quickly and monitored on an ongoing basis. You will be a member of this diverse and highly skilled team, working in a highly collaborative, team environment to drive strategically aligned business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in data science, computer science, operations research, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative field. PhD or insurance designations such as ACAS desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an insurance pricing role
- Experience leading predictive modeling projects involving new rating structures
- Demonstrate knowledge of when to apply predictive modeling techniques such as logistic regression, time series, neural networks, random forest, boosting, text mining, clustering, deep learning, optimization, etc.
- Proficiency in analytical programming languages like SAS, R, Python, etc.
- Experience exploring and manipulating large amounts of structured and unstructured data using SQL
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including storytelling and other methods to guide, inspire, and provide insights to non-technical stakeholders
- Intellectual curiosity, and drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Passion for extracting actionable insights that enhance business outcomes
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick day
- Competitive salaries and exceptional benefits
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships, lifelong friendships
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers’ Compensation Act.