This individual contributor is primarily responsible for assisting in researching and determining the likelihood of financial risk to the organization, supporting actuarial documentation, product line evaluation, and actuarial modeling, and assisting in financial risk and opportunity analyses.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by sharing information with coworkers and customers; listening and responding to performance feedback; acknowledging strengths and weaknesses; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments by following procedures and policies and using data, and resources; collaborating with others to address business problems; adhering to established priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; occasionally identifying and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Supports actuarial documentation by assisting with preparation of the actuarial portion of financial reports and tax returns, and responses to insurance regulations.
- Supports product line evaluations by assisting with analysis of product line financials, valuation, cash flow analysis.
- Assists with actuarial research by conducting literature reviews on common standards, assumptions, competition and the legal and regulatory environment.
- Assists with analysis of financial risks and opportunities by applying actuarial methods; collecting data; and assisting with actuarial analyses.
- Supports collaborations with peer-level business partners by translating basic actuarial constructs into non-technical explanations; and complying with the Actuarial Standards of Practice.
- Supports actuarial modeling by learning and using actuarial models; and assisting with the application of alternative assumptions and forecasts using in-house models or actuarial software.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Passed at least 1 actuarial exam toward an ASA or ACAS certification.
- Two (2) years experience with databases and spreadsheets.
- Bachelors degree in statistics, actuarial science, mathematics , engineering, or physics.
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,Walnut Center – Regional Offices
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Specialty: Actuarial Services
Department: Po/Ho Corp – HP PROD MGMT-Actuarial SVCS – 0308
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.