View job on Handshake
Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant – the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations. For 25 years Waterton remains passionate about delivering an incredible Resident Experience, which we believe is made possible by offering an extraordinary experience for our talented associates. We value performance that delivers experiences that exceed expectations, coupled with an unwavering commitment to Investor, Guest, and Resident service excellence. Overall we are a collection of people who strive daily to “find the good and leave it better”.
As an integral and highly visible member of the Investment team, the Acquisitions Analyst will assist the Acquisitions Department in the financial analysis, evaluation and presentation of investment opportunities consistent with client-specific and general firm investment criteria.
Your Impact and Job Responsibilities
- Assist in the cash flow and valuation analysis for potential acquisition opportunities
- Perform extensive financial modeling, including scenario and sensitivity analysis, development of sources and uses, discounted cash flows, promoted and carried interests
- Conduct due diligence, prepare underwriting models and assist in identifying and mitigating potential risks to the investment
- Assist in the preparation of Investment Committee materials including, but not limited to, a detailed investment memo, rent comps and sale comps
- Present prepared investment committee materials to Senior Leadership as requested
- Ensure accuracy of all models utilized
- Work directly with Capital Markets team to prepare lender packages for new acquisitions and re-financings
- Work closely with senior acquisition officers to learn market fundamentals and start networking with local brokerage community
- Work directly with the Research team to understand supply and demand apartment dynamics within markets, submarkets and micro-markets for potential acquisitions
- Assist the Investor Relations Team with the Investor RFP process and various Fund modeling as requested
- Support the Investment, Capital & Operations teams in managing the due diligence process, including but not limited to coordination of internal and 3rd party due diligence team and information
- Assist with compiling financial analyses, diligence, and work with operations & construction to complete underwriting of potential acquisition objectives
- Work with Portfolio and Risk Management teams to ensure accurate underwriting of real estate taxes and insurance
- Evaluate divestment scenarios, provide divestiture recommendations and support the Investment and Operations team during the disposition process
- Complete special projects and ad hoc assignments as requested
What You’ll Bring- Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required, preferably in business, finance, mathematics, real estate, or related field
- Ideally 1-3 years progressive real estate investment or consulting experience in development, acquisitions or similar roles
- Advanced skill-set with Microsoft Office to include Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Financial Modeling Experience preferred
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- A highly technical/analytical focus with the ability to make quick decisions on fact-based analysis
- Ability to absorb a high volume of information from different team members and distill it down to the most important takeaways and action items
- Strong analytical and investigative skills, strong attention to detail
At Waterton, we recognize that compensation and benefits are important to our associates. We offer a wide variety of benefits including:
- Competitive compensation and incentive program participation.
- Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, and even pet insurance.
- 401K + match
- Generous paid time off, volunteer time off, and paid holidays
- A commitment to life-long learning through learning plans that include internal and external trainings with LinkedIn Learning, as well as consideration for tuition reimbursement.
- Hybrid work environment (based on business or position need)
Waterton welcomes all.
Waterton is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Successful applicants for corporate positions must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment; requests for medical or religious needs requiring exemption may be made. Does not apply to onsite positions.