Up&Up is building a new way to live where renters earn like owners.
Instead of having a large portion of their cash stuck in a security deposit and making their landlords rich by paying off their mortgage, our customers have the opportunity to fractionally own their home and generate the exact same returns as an owner. At the end of their lease they can purchase the home or cash out.
Our guiding North Star is building a product where we’d be just as excited to be a renter as a property owner, not one that charges for the feeling of ownership without the benefits.
If we’re successful in changing the way people live before they own, we’ll unlock a decade of compounding wealth creation that will drastically change our customers’ financial futures.
To pull off this ambitious mission, we’ve built an incredible early team and been backed by Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures, and strategic angels from Opendoor, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, and Millennium.
What You’ll Get From Up&Up:
- The opportunity to join a mission-driven company that is working on a novel solution to a major problem
- A culture that prioritizes thoughtfulness, mentorship, and hard work
- A team with a diverse set of expertise across Real Estate, Finance, Sales, Engineering, and Data Science
- Competitive compensation and thoughtfully designed perks
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, commuter, 401k, etc)
- Flexible vacation policy with required time off – we work incredibly hard but also encourage taking time off to relax, reflect, and do what you love outside of work
- Frontend: React, React Native, Redux, GraphQL
- Backend: Node, Google Cloud Functions, Hasura
- Data processing: Python
- Database: Postgres, Firebase
As an Acquisitions Analyst, you’ll collaborate with our Buyers’ Agent to execute against the single-family home pipeline. You’ll be a key team member, helping scale Up&Up’s single-family home deal evaluation, acquisition underwriting, bid negotiation, inspection/diligence management, CapEx repair determinations, and property rehab processes.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Acquisitions, the Acquisitions Analyst’s primary mandate is to combine our analytical approach to home acquisition with boots-on-ground execution to acquire the best homes for our investors and residents.
- Underwrite single-family home acquisitions, including rent, CapEx, and OpEx estimates according to Up&Up’s requirements and investment thresholds
- Manage bidding strategies to ensure that Up&Up and our customers’ homes are acquired at the right value
- Manage 3rd party inspectors and prepare inspection negotiations
- Work with our Make-Ready team to ensure repairs and renovation are on time and budget
- Evaluate and scope ROI positive renovation enhancements
- Manage any last-minute changes in the closing process, escalating issues, and coordinate final closing and documentation of the acquisition
- Work with our product and engineering teams to integrate new technology and data into our acquisitions process
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with financial models, accounting, or statistical modeling
- Experience in real estate a plus!
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- A team-first mentality and eagerness to set and meet aggressive goals
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- 0-2 years in real estate or related industry
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Real estate agent license a bonus
- Full Time
- Salaried – $75,000-$95,000 + bonus potential
- Equity Eligible