As a member of the Office Staff, you will be spending your days assisting the Office Manager in an extraordinary setting located in Minnesota’s Northern woods. Your responsibilities will include: assisting the Office Manager with various projects, answering phones and email, data entry, enforcing safety rules, and knowledge of emergency procedures. This position is perfect for someone who would like to gain clerical experience while working in a camp setting.
Our Office positions are great for anyone that wants to work at a camp, and still gain practical administrative experience for their resume. Staff members working within our office need strong computer and communication skills. A lot of time is spent talking to parents on the phone and organizing/imputing important data. The people best suited for this position will be flexible, detail oriented, and outgoing. Other responsibilities of our office staff are: coordinating camper travel and transportation, greeting visitors, distributing mail, camper file management, completing basic accounting and payroll tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the daily operations of the Camp Lincoln Business Office.
- Maintain clear communication with the all members of Business Office, including the Office Manager.
- Answer phones and e-mail communications related to camper registrations, transportation, parental and general camp operational questions, and general inquiries.
- Greet Alumni and visitors as they enter the Business Office.
- Monitor and replenish office supplies as necessary.
- Assist the Office Manager on various projects.
- Assist Perform specific duties within your main clerical focus.
- Assist the Office Manager on a daily basis on matters including camper registration, general inquires, phone and email management, etc.
- Collect and track camper and staff charges from Camp Lincoln and Camp Lake Hubert.
- Maintain system for petty cash.
- Collect receipts and invoices and distribute those in a timely manner to the appropriate people.
- Purchase postage for camp.
- Input and maintain database for camper transportation information
- Compile and distribute reports as necessary.
- Maintain system for airline tickets and baggage tags.
- Assist in the coordination of all travel days.
- Must be 19 years of age or have completed one year away from High School.
- Must be able to obtain or become certified in First Aid/CPR.
- Must have experience in business or office setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Manual dexterity to utilize computer and other office equipment.
- Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
- Ability to interact with all age levels.
- Understand the development needs of youth.
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner.
Support Staff Support Staff work behind the scenes to ensure camp is running smoothly, drivers, food service, health center staff, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance, in our offices, or warehouse. A Support Staff member lives in a cabin with a group of other Support Staff. During a Support Staff member’s down time, they may take advantage of the camp’s facilities and are encouraged to actively participate in camp life. Applicants must demonstrate a strong aptitude in their specific area.
Our office staff often complete internships in Accounting, Business, Communications, Public Relations, and Administration with us.
Room, meals and summer salary are paid as part of intern’s package.