View job on Handshake
BNSF Logistics is a technology and people-driven third-party logistics company that delivers what matters – to our people, our customers, our carriers, and our communities. BNSF Logistics is a place where diverse talent works together every day in an inclusive way to create and implement the best ideas to help us DELIVER WHAT MATTERS. We achieve this through our commitment to our Guiding Principles which helps us create the ultimate competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
The primary function of the Account Manager is to manage small to mid-size customers across our Over the Road (OTR) division. The Account Manager will be the main point of contact and will provide customers with quotes and resolve operational issues. They will develop a deep knowledge base of the customer’s business and demonstrate value as they manage relationships within their book of business to drive steady and significant growth of those accounts.
The Account Manager has experience growing and developing a book of business in a metric driven environment with a focus on increased profit and relationship growth. They have well developed relationship management skills and leverage those skills, as well as their knowledge of customer needs and business goals, to develop and grow the relationship.
- Achieve annual revenue goals for assigned book of business through retention and growth as set by management.
- Accountable for directly identifying and initiating business development opportunities by managing a sales pipeline of new opportunities (modes and/or volume).
- Ability to understand the customer’s needs resulting in cross selling BNSF Logistics modes and services creating new business opportunities within our portfolio of services.
- Thorough understanding of the domestic over the road market and all other BNSF Logistics’ modes & services.
- Use financial acumen to analyze, interpret and develop action plans to drive growth within their business.
- Develop and maintain excellent knowledge and understanding of our business, offerings, competitors and industry trends.
- Responsible for keeping current clients satisfied and delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to troubleshoot and overcome operational challenges to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Understand market conditions and have the ability to price quote, budget customers annually.
- Participate in RFP opportunities and work with management on pricing strategy.
- Responsible for adhering to and implementing SOPs for various business segments.
- Document all sales activity performed in our internal Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM) (meetings, follow-ups, quotes, opportunities, etc.).
- Ability to negotiate positive outcomes for BNSF Logistics & customer through being an enthusiastic team player.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Work closely with operations and customer service team, other Account Managers and Manager, Account Management.
- Travel up to 10%.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; a college degree is preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of business and transportation is required.
- 1+ years of inside sales experience required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be perform duties outside of normal requirements from time to time.
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending account
- Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
- Tuition assistance
- Professional training staff with an industry-leading Learning Management System
- Company culture that recognizes its employees
BNSF Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.