Please apply to only One ADP track. Applying to all four tracks may affect your chances during the selection process. (Must be a recent graduate within the past year or current year)
The Accelerated Development Program is an 18-month program consisting of three (3) rotations, six (6) months in duration.
Accelerated Development Program associates get hands-on experience and exposure to work within a program along supporting Raymond James associates and department leaders on special projects and functional activities within an assigned track and business unit allowing them to gain technical and practical experience in core competencies within the financial business units of Raymond James. Analysts will be challenged to make enterprise-wide contributions on a variety of operational and strategic programs across several departments. Analysts will maintain extensive contact with internal and external contacts to perform responsibilities and complete projects.
ADP tracks include Investment Research & Wealth Management, Sales & Trading, Financial Analysis & Accounting, and Risk Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Through training and educational sessions, gain the knowledge and understanding to review and monitor various sales practices activities of advisors and branch managers through the use of various reports and systems.
• Builds project plans for assigned projects based on resource estimates, timelines, budget and other financial information.
• Analyzes and summarizes project data and disseminates outcomes to appropriate parties.
• Use reporting and performance indicators to propose and/or assist with establishing control mechanisms and other improvement initiatives.
• Extracts and interprets information and evaluates market data.
• Independently researches and recommends solutions to complex problems.
• Cultivate a network of resources within the Firm upon which to call for assistance.
• Perform special projects as assigned and at the direction of the rotation manager or program manager, utilize project management skills to manage and reports back on project status.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications – External
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures of securities industry and/or banking.
• Desire to build skills to develop formal processes and procedures.
• Base understanding of level concepts, practices, and procedures of project management.
• Base understanding of financial markets and products.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Planning and scheduling work to meet regulatory organizational and regulatory requirements.
• Preparing oral and/or written reports.
• Making rule-based and analytical decisions.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications.
• Analytical skills with the ability to solve problems, analyze data and execute on solutions.
• Implement solutions, working with various internal business units throughout Raymond James.
• Optimize work processes, multi-task and handle multiple projects with demonstrated follow-through.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Complete both guided and self-directed learning activities.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in a related field (Must be a recent graduate within the past year or current year)
• Previous internship or co-op program experience preferred
• None required: SIE Strongly encouraged to achieve throughout the program
• (Associates qualify for reimbursement for pre-approved licenses or certifications throughout the program.)