View job on Handshake
Please apply to only One ADP track. Applying to all four tracks may affect your chances during the selection process. (Must be a recent graduate within the past year or current year)
Under limited supervision, uses knowledge and skills obtained through formal education and/or experience to work in a rotational development program supporting Raymond James associates and leaders on special projects and functional activities within an assigned business unit and track. Independently researches and recommends solutions to complex problems. Analysts will be challenged to make enterprise-wide contributions to a variety of operational and strategic programs across several departments. The Accelerated Development Program (ADP) will last for approximately (18) months total, consisting of a foundational rotation in a Private Client Group branch, followed by approximately three (3) rotations that last for six (6) months each. Analysts will maintain extensive contact with internal and external contacts to perform responsibilities and complete projects.
ADP tracks include investment consulting and wealth management, financial analysis and accounting, risk and operations, and sales and trading.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Builds project plans for assigned projects based on resource estimates, timelines, budget, and other financial information.
• Analyzes and summarizes project data and disseminates outcomes to appropriate parties.
• Develops strategic and tactical business approaches for executive consideration and implementation.
• Extracts and interprets information, and evaluates market data.
• Investigates operational issues and determines resource allocation.
• Prepares industry and company research by collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
• Writes investment-related research reports, and creates and maintains financial models.
• Develops financial models for revenue and income forecasts, cash flow analysis, balance sheets, and quarterly projections.
• Maintains documentation and communications including status reports, project charters, and quality assurance reviews.
• Creates and maintains internal project management tools for assigned projects including work breakdown structures, work package planning spreadsheets, Gantt charts, dependencies diagrams, forecasts, actual and variance reports, costs, system changes, risk assessment ratios, templates, and related applications.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications – External
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Financial markets and products.
• Basic business case analysis.
• Basic level concepts, practices and procedures of project management.
• Building project plans, as well as creating and maintaining project management tools.
• Creating and updating project schedules using automated project software.
• Exercising judgment and self-direction to independently complete projects.
• Operating standard office equipments and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office and established databases.
• Business and communication skills sufficient to work in an executive environment.
• Exercise initiative and problem-solving skills to independently resolve issues.
• Learn and document new procedures independently and accurately.
• Learn new software packages and systems thoroughly and efficiently.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
• Read, interpret, analyze and apply information from professional publications.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in a related field (Must be a recent graduate within the past year or current year)
• Previous internship or co-op program experience preferred
• None required: SIE Strongly encouraged to achieve throughout the program
• (Associates qualify for reimbursement for pre-approved licenses or certifications throughout the program.)