View job on Handshake
SelectQuote is looking for highly motivated individuals wanting to jump start their career in our Accelerated Business Operations Professionals (ABOP) Department. ABOP is a 24 month intensive rotational program designed to give new team members exposure to multiple departments and levels of executives across the company. Analysts in this program will develop exceptional technical and analytical skills through projects that support operational objectives and maximize company ROI. In rotations, ABOP analysts will gain in-depth knowledge of the business unit they are supporting through close collaboration with senior leadership. To supplement analysts’ professional development, they will be given personal coaching and mentoring by operational leaders throughout their rotation.
The ABOP analyst will be a strong critical thinker and problem-solver, capable of delivering detailed and accurate analysis on a wide array of topics relating to call center operations and marketing. The ABOP Analyst will have excellent interpersonal skills and effectively present their work to executive stakeholders to aid in decision-making and strategy. They will also demonstrate superior time management and organizational skills to effectively manage the implementation of projects and processes.
- Supporting and/or driving analytically focused projects from beginning to end, providing holistic solutions to a variety of business pain points – both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Assuming a high level of accountability for ‘down the funnel’ bottom line performance – assuming full responsibility for the success or failure of projects as a ‘Program Manager’ over a strategic initiative
- Leveraging analytical tools (SQL, Excel, Python, R, Visualization Tools) to conduct complex analysis down to the granular level individually
- Consolidating data analysis into digestible presentations, and presenting those findings to senior leadership
- ‘Leave no stone unturned’ – self-identify areas of opportunity, and prioritize those with the lowest investment and highest ROI
- Building effective cross-functional relationships from top to bottom, and leveraging those relationships to drive effective change within the business
- Execute on all ad hoc requests from senior/executive leadership
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Excel, and other analytical tools such as Python and R Studio– demonstrated ability to apply those skills to a real world project in a corporate setting
- Articulate and well-spoken; strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – strong ability and desire to put your thoughts/ideas out on the table
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of accuracy in a deadline driven setting
- Minimum 3.5 GPA Required within one of the specified fields of study: Economics, Statistics, Business Analytics, Business Analytics, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Finance, Data Science, etc.
- Evidence of applying analytical skills through an analytically focused internship
- Strong track record of extracurricular involvement
- “SelectQuote Sauce” – well-rounded analytical skills, and the ability to apply those skills to developing holistic solutions while effectively communicating with stakeholders along the way. Strong ability to tackle complex and ambiguous requests from senior leaders and executives.
- Commitment to continued learning and professional development
***Willing to relocate to the Kansas City area
- Successful completion of 2 or more analytical internships (Investment Banking, Private Equity, M&A Advisory, Strategic Consulting preferred)
- MBA or relevant graduate degree (either completed, pursuing, or planning to pursue)
It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote. We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.