The Credit Portfolio Senior Analyst is an intermediate-level position in Citi Retail Services Risk Management team, responsible for developing, analyzing and managing risk strategies, loss forecasting models and key portfolio trends. He/She will work in a cross-functional environment with internal business partners such as Finance, Operational Teams, Legal/Compliance and Partner Management. The role requires strong statistical/data mining, analytical and technical SAS skills in the areas of loss forecasting, CECL/ACL, CCAR and portfolio analytics. The successful candidate will be able to drive analytically derived results and objective recommendations which balance risk and reward for the portfolio.
- Establish and leverage cross-functional partnerships and network with key internal and external constituencies.
- Design end to end analytical and information management processes for Citi’s transformation efforts with the focus on strategic planning, loss forecasting, Cost of Capital Analytics
- Provide regulatory risk project management support (business requirements, analysis and testing) for delivery of regulatory solutions. (i.e.. CECL, Part 30 core capabilities initiatives, stress test and CCAR regulatory requirements, etc.)
- Perform business analysis to respond to regulatory and business questions and provide portfolio insights.
- Provide Project Management of various deliverables for Portfolio Risk Review. Involvement in rationalization of EUCs (End User Computing) used for Portfolio Risk Reviews and Loss Forecasting Analytics.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Preferably 2 + years of experience in credit card risk management
- Understanding of consumer credit risk management and Credit Card Profit & Loss Drivers
- Ability to apply credit and risk principles towards business objectives
- Must be highly organized and able to work in a fast paced environment managing multiple projects and possess strong interpersonal, organizational and analytic skills
- Proficient SAS/SQL programming skills and advanced spreadsheet skills. Knowledge and experience of segmentation, statistical procedures, and financial analytic tools are required
- Should have Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office – particularly Excel (metrics and data analysis), PowerPoint (presentation decks), and Word (writing and editing procedural and technical documentation).
- Ability to build and maintain relationships working collaboratively with people from different parts of the organization.
- Experience in compiling process and data quality metrics, analyzing results to clearly communicate data-driven analysis to senior management.
- Good knowledge of risk management key concepts, risk credit cycle and controls with Good understanding of key regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Physics, or a relative quantitative discipline (Master’s degree, MBA or CPA preferred, or equivalent experience).
- Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.