2023 Wells Fargo Quantitative Internship Program (PhD Degree)
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role
Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the Quantitative Internship Program. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
The Quantitative Internship Program is a professional development program that provides participants with a ten-week overview of Wells Fargo’s company operations, business strategies, and prepare them to develop or validate various quantitative models. The program is designed to provide graduate students with a blend of business and professional developmental training opportunities that incorporates real-world experiences and prepares you for a career at Wells Fargo. The internship program is a pipeline program where successful interns will receive an offer to return the following year for a second internship or full-time fellow program. There are two tracks.
The Capital Markets track deals with mathematical models for pricing, hedging and risking complex financial instruments. Wells Fargo trading portfolios include products in all traded asset classes such as credit, commodity, Equity, FX, Rate, Mortgages, and Asset-Backed Finance.
The Risk Analytics & Decision Science track deals with statistical, econometric, and machine learning/AI models for a variety of applications, including loss and revenue forecasting, credit decisions, financial crimes, fair lending, operational risks, and analysis of unstructured data such as text and audio.
Placement group includes:
· Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning Model Development
· Traded Products Model Development
· Market and Counterparty Risk Analytics
· Retail Investing and Financial Advice Model Development
· Risk Modeling Group
· Mortgage Model Development
· Corporate Model Risk
· Commercial Banking Model Development
· Consumer Model Development
In this role you will:
· Use Python, R, C++, SAS, SQL or other programming languages as well as mathematical/statistical packages for model development and validation
· Perform mathematical model development and validation (risk assessment) under the direction of experienced team members
· Produce required documentation to evidence model development or validation
· Understand business needs and providing possible solutions through clear verbal and written communications to management and fellow team members
· Stay up to speed on industry challenges and new and innovative modeling techniques used across Wells Fargo to solve business problems or enhance business capabilities.
· Participate in model related projects for varying purposes, methodologies and relevant lines of business
Program Dates: June – August, 2023 (10 weeks, 40 hours per week)
· 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
· Enrolled in a PhD program in: Statistics, Applied or Computational Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Quantitative Finance, Operations Research, Data Science, Engineering or related quantitative field or a related quantitative field
· Excellent computer programing skills and use of statistical software packages such as Python, R, SAS, SQL, Scala/Spark, Java, and C++
· Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
· For the Capital Markets Track: Experience and demonstrated knowledge in mathematical and numerical methods including Monte Carlo methods, differential equations, linear algebra, applied probability, and statistics
· For the Risk Analytics & Decision Science Track: Experience and demonstrated first-hand knowledge in a number of these areas: data analysis, statistical modeling, machine learning/AI models, data management, and computing
Program Location: Charlotte, NC; Additional locations may be added based on business needs.
How to Apply:
The 2023 Wells Fargo Quantitative Internship Program will be accepting applications through the Wells Fargo Career website on September 12 – 26, 2022 ONLY.
· Search by Req#: R-197139 or by keywords, “Wells Fargo Quantitative Internship Program” and follow the instructions to complete your application.