Wealth & Investment Management, or WIM, is one of the United States’ leading providers of financial and investment services. WIM provides a full range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to meet clients’ unique needs and help them achieve financial goals. Our mission is to help clients pursue their financial goals with confidence. We accomplish this by:
- Building enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice
- Developing individualized plans for clients to help meet their financial objectives
- Helping clients build, manage, preserve, and transition their financial resources and wealth
WIM serves clients through the following businesses:
- Through Wells Fargo Private Bank, WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and several specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth individuals and clients.
- Wells Fargo Advisors provides investment advice and guidance to clients through more than 13,200 full-service financial advisors and referrals from more than 5,450 licensed bankers.
WIM University Programs seeks to attract, develop, and retain exceptional recent* college graduates to Wealth & Investment Management. Our goal is to build bench-strength as well as increase our commitment to diversity in WIM.
The Wells Fargo Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Analyst Program is ideal for recent undergraduates interested in working in a collaborative environment focused on personal and professional development. Program participants gain a deeper knowledge of the financial services industry through hands-on experience in one of the lines of business within the division. While working as full-time team members in a strategically selected set of roles, Analysts will be placed in a full-time role within WIM, as part of the program they receive a ten-month (non-rotational) development experience that includes intensive deep-dive sessions focusing on our key businesses, group project work, coaching and mentoring, and exposure to key leaders. Professional development during the program centers on developing communication and presentation skills, product and market educational sessions, personal branding and awareness, and project team assignments to support strategic initiatives that will be presented to the WIM Operating Committee at the end of the program. After completion of the ten-month WIM Analyst Program, participants continue in the role in which they were hired. There is an expectation that Analysts will stay in their role for at least two years.
The Program will have several positions spread across the lines of businesses listed below.
Advice & Planning Center of Excellence: WIM’s advice framework with tools, technology, and access to advice expertise for advisors and clients, along with family-office and practice-management support.
Banking, Lending & Trust (BL&T) Center of Excellence: Unlocks access to WIM products and services based on client needs related to banking, lending, and trust.
Investment Solutions Center of Excellence: WIM’s investment expertise, solutions, and product offerings. Includes Wells Fargo Investment Institute, which creates core investment strategies, investment research, and other forms of intellectual capital to support WIM.
Client Relationship Group: Oversees initiatives and support for financial advisor and team-led client coverage, including Wells Fargo Advisors, Wells Fargo Private Bank, and our digital and contact center teams.
The Private Bank (TPB): WIM is also a leading provider of trust, investment, and fiduciary services, including personal trust services and several specialized wealth services designed to meet the diverse needs of high-net-worth clients
Chief Administrative Office & Transformation: Execution, governance, data analytics, and support of cross-WIM programs and initiatives.
Program Duration: Full-time, 10-months (non-rotational). Start Date: July 10, 2023.
Program Locations: The Program offers opportunities within our lines of business with locations in multiple cities. The position locations are determined by business need and are tied to the business function and are not flexible. Most positions are aligned with our Headquarters locations between: St. Louis, Missouri; Charlotte, North Carolina and Minneapolis, Minnesota. Applicants are encouraged to be open to relocation, for which a small stipend is provided.
In this role you will:
- Maintain daily contact with leaders at all levels of the organization including senior management, team members, individual contributors, and vendors.
- Provide customer service to clients and internal employees, as necessary.
- Understand processes and workflows to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Bring closure to issues, questions, and requests. Solve problems independently.
- Understand business needs and provide possible solutions by explaining in clear verbal and/or written communications to customers and/or management.
- Consistently learn new systems, applications, processes, and techniques.
- Lead or participate in projects or support activities, which are moderate in size and organization span.
**Due to a city-wide mandate in New York City, all individuals who perform in-person work or interact with the public during business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an approved accommodation to be exempt from being fully vaccinated. Currently, this position falls under the scope of this mandate. **
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ months professional experience through internships, part-time, or full-time work, and/or demonstrated leadership experience in a community setting
- Completion of coursework in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Communications, English or related field
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership experience including: coaching, training, and mentoring
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
- Recent and relevant previous Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Internship experience
- *Four-year undergraduate degree obtained between December 2022 – June 2023
- Ability to travel 5% or more of the time
How to Apply
- After submitting your application, please monitor your e-mail for future communications
- Once your application is received, Wells Fargo will make initial contact with you via e-mail
- Please ensure your contact information (e-mail address and phone number) is current in your Wells Fargo Careers Profile
- If your contact information has changed, please update prior to applying to this position
- Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.